Updated!!! need more info-Having Bead trouble

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorxcr1

Reaction score
Well....got my tires in yesterday and slid one side of em on because i forgot to get new stems. Today after a run to the local hardware store and picking up some stuff for the home, we realized while putting the new tires back in the truck that there were slices from a utility knife on both front tires. back to the shop they went and we got them exchanged. new fronts coming tuesday.

Rears- Mounted them pretty easily. this whole thing has dragged out relentlessly with the crap we've faced. i soaped the bead and we pumped air into the tires... filling them to recommended 15ib bead set pressure, or maybe a little more. after a while we got one side to pop but not the other. every time we would fill it up 3/4ths of the bead would go on and the other just wouldnt budge.

the same thing happened with the other rear tire as well. 3/4ths of the bead on each side poped on while a quarter just chilled and wouldnt budge.

Any opinions for tommorow? should i just drop them off at firestone and get it done in 20 seconds hopefully?

Any opinions appreciated.

-ant

i had the same problem with mine but i filled the tires to about 25psi and squirted some wd40 around the bead and they finally went on.

A small explosion should do the trick ;D Ether works wonders if you know how to do it, but can be the devil if you don't know how. If you know anybody with a huge 4x4 with huge mudders on it, ask them. They've probably done the ether thing a time or two. Somebody on here posted not long ago about burning up the front yard, melting a tire, and some other damages..lol. I've personally never had a problem with it though, and it takes about 10 seconds.

More lube, more pressure (i'd go to as high as 30) and then if 30 psi doesn't do it, bounce it on the driveway a couple of times, that usually does the trick.

tried the bouncing haha.... im afraid im going to blow the tire with alot more. theres no more room haha; maybe the extra pressure will just have to do.

wd40-that will probrobly be the next try. if that doesnt work, theyre going to the local gas station. not risking the tires because im broke unfortunatly. 10 bucks is worth the dough i guess.

the ether thing- i think my pops would **** a brick lol.... dont think thats gonna fly.

if you do the ratchet strap thing, use the 2'' thick strap. the little tie-down strap won't hold.
Grab the closest 2'' ratchet strap/cable come-along (with 5k-7500 in pressure), and use that to put pressure on the tire, and then bounce it off some pavement...

If those idea don't work, use the ether trick. Ohh btw, don't worry, it's not the Taliban bombing your house. lol had to...
~Bill

[If those idea don't work, use the ether trick. Ohh btw, don't worry, it's not the Taliban bombing your house. lol had to...
~Bill[/quote]

You bugger ;D

Try everything before the ether trick.

hahahahahaha...whats goin on bill.

yupp bout to do it now... hopefully it works

allright guys.... got one mounted fully. poped it on real quick. the other is being the biggest bitch in the world.

git one side on really easy and the other didnt set.....its almost like the tire sidewall rolls over the bead. i soaped and "lubed" it like crazy and still the same crap. its nuts because the other side is perfect!

heres a pic of both sides.... any ideas?

good side- you can see line that proves beads on perfect
450r4uc4.jpg

bad side... i got this twenty times in a row!!?? the klaw mx sign should be up about a half inch
450r5bw1.jpg

have you treid the ratchet strap yet if not try it works everytime tighten it as much as possible then put some air in it and one the bead sets let the strap loose and fill her on up

Haha you're not trying to put a 9 inch tire on a 10 inch wheel, are you? lol I don't have any more ideas, I think i'd just throw in the towel and take it to a shop that has the proper mounting tools.

yupp... did the strap numerous times.

i feel so mechanically uninclined haha, maybe ill just have to take it in. i just dont want to dish out 10 bucks for something so stupid.

anyone ever have a bad bead?

Latest posts

Back