Update on the FST 488 kit for the 450

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctateusa1

Reaction score
Ok well I just wanted to update everyone on the 488 kit that I had installed.

We hauled the wolvy and my old 250 up to michigan last week and put over 250 miles on each one of them. The wolvy performed flawlessly never overheated or any other kind of problem, most of our riding time was at low to mid speeds usually only got them up to about 35-40 mph due to the 250 not having enough power in the sand.

I can honestly say that the wolvy with the 488 kit is just as reliable at this point as it was with the original motor from yamaha. If I get another quad that I will need modded up I will be going back to FST for another bbk.

I am kinda thinking about a rappy 700 to come next for something with a little more bite to it, as long as it will clear most area's I ride in.

bbk

I just bought an 07 wolvy 450, im new to the whole scene and i am trying to learn some stuff about it. Is the bbk you have from fst based out of pa? Also before i joined I read you seen they were coming out with a 500 bbk. Did this ever happen? I havent seen anything else about it. I think this quad will be perfect for the riding i will be doing. Any help on upgrades for performance would be appriciated!

Yes they do offer a 500 kit but that involves a stroker crankshaft. I went with the 488 because the crank was another 300 bucks for 12ccs i didnt feel it was worth it.

The 488 kit is great add a clutch kit pipe and rejet and you will be very happy.

well a little more than a year has went by and my wolvy is still holding together great. I have put on about 300 more miles and no problems at all with the big bore or anything at all.

Hi, im thinking of getting me a Wolverine cause i want a smaller ATV then my Renegade. Do you know how many horsepowers you got with your mods compared to original? I understand that my Renegade is alot faster but i really like the size of the Wolverines =) Is there a big difference in acceleration and torque compared to before the mods?

Latest posts

Back