Update on quad! Need a direction to go from here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheadr

Reaction score
So I have my newest batch of parts installed included the aluminum intake manifold I got off eBay from mz_jee or someone like that for 29.99 with new hardware it is better than the rubber manifold. Now I have been debating between just honing my cylinder and doing a cam or doing the big bore kit and cam later I know the warriors are never going to be real power houses so I think a standard rebuild may be the key?

Big bore kits are overrated in my opinion. The power gained by using a larger piston is minimal at best. In my opinion, there are two options for making power. The first is a high comp piston and the second is a stroker crank. I personally don't care for strokers for reliability reasons. Therefore, you're left with going high compression. Basically, just bore the cylinder enough to make it round and true, then either just do a stock replacement rebuild, or throw a slightly higher compression piston in for extra power. Adding a cam to a high compression motor makes a very nice trail motor.

Yeah, I know that long stroke, with a small bore is more torque big bore short stroke responsive and higher revving. I'm not new to engines, just the warrior. I'm trying to take care of one system at a time I.e rebuilt carb new air filter, manifold head I almost considered afull rebuild but I may have them shimmed to spec if need be. Someone had mentioned an eBay. camshaft and that sounds like a horrible idea kind of like buying a $150 turbo charger say what!!!

Just giving you some tips and stuff that I have heard working well on other's warrior motors. One ebay there is a camshaft made by niche industries for about $80. Nobody to my knowledge has tried it, but I have heard the specs are the same as a Stage 1 hotcam.

Just giving you some tips and stuff that I have heard working well on other's warrior motors. One ebay there is a camshaft made by niche industries for about $80. Nobody to my knowledge has tried it, but I have heard the specs are the same as a Stage 1 hotcam.
I bought a pickup coil on eBay and it went out in like a month. Lol I've learned my lesson. I shouldn't have even got the cheap pickup coil, let alone a cam! Hell, even if I did get one and it was totally fine and worked great, I'd be nervous every time I started it. It'd be cool to see someone's results with it tho. If I had the money, I'd buy it for kicks!

Yeah I think that's what the guy had said and I'd be wary of that I.m.o. the review for those 100$ turbos are good too but how many of the people actually "get on it" I know when I'm guiding people who don't really fish brag about their 75.00 reels and how I'm nuts for spending $450(guide price) on a tibor and their stuff fails in a season it comes down to in many cases you get what you pay for with that being said ive had good luck with off brand stuff

Back