Uh oh! Time to sell...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope all of you are doing well. I havent been on much lately, mostly because I havent been able to ride. I tell ya, too much crazy **** going on these days... I had a good few trips planned for the Raptors this coming summer, and its all a no-go now. I am totally ******* bummed.

My right knee has had minor issues over the years from an accident with some hurdles in HS back in the day. Nothing too crazy though, didnt stop me from racing XC years ago, it would just be a minor annoyance from time to time.

Well, getting older sucks, lol... my Doc has told me to stop the off-roading for a while, maybe permanently. I've been getting some pain lately, more than usual. So several BS tests later: I'm on a steroid and another med to take care of it. Ultimately the goal is not to have surgery, but if I keep riding off-road in with my knee in this condition, it'll get torn up sooner than later. It needs time to heal properly - which will take well over a year (at minimum).

Luckily, I dont have to give up street riding - thank gawd, I'd go completely insane not being able to 'just ride'. So after the nice mods and equipment I've done to both Raptors, I cant ride :(

My wife and I decided thats pretty much it, and all they'd do is collect dust at this point. and be a constant reminder that I cant do one of the things I really love doing - so I've thrown them on Craiglist. I dont think they will sell any time soon with all the economy BS, but gotta try I guess. If anyone here is in the Northern CA area and youre look'n for a 350, PM me. If your from this forum, I'll give you a better deal than whats on my Craiglist ad.

Glad to hear from ya, have you ever thought of just casual riding? Something that isn't so hard on the joints or back? Might be worth while to take it easy 90 percent of the time out there and only kick it up a notch here and there to keep ya in the hobby.

ridinfast03 said:
Glad to hear from ya, have you ever thought of just casual riding? Something that isn't so hard on the joints or back? Might be worth while to take it easy 90 percent of the time out there and only kick it up a notch here and there to keep ya in the hobby.

Unfortunately theres no way around it. Even riding 'casually' off-road puts a decent amount on strain on the knees. Riding around off-road 'sitting' most of the time will just drive me crazy. Its OK I guess, I still have my street bikes, and the Doc told me thats no problem. I just have to be careful if I do a track day, make sure that any weight on my knee isnt absorbing major jolts. Luckily thats a pretty rare thing on a nicely paved track.

Back