Two stroke Raptor 200 project?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoker4life

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a nice low hour 2006 Raptor 350. Runs great and all that but I’m a two stroke guy from way back and I miss the sound, smell, and exhilaration of a two stroke. Honda 250r is really pricey nowadays, the quadracer 250r I’m my area are either ragged out or pricey as well. So, I love the ergonomics, handling, size and look of my Raptor 350 and it seems like a Blaster 200 would fit right in with room to spare. I can weld and fabricate with no problem. My biggest concern with a Blaster 200 engine swap would be front sprocket alignment, the kickstarter clearing the frame, and carb to airbox fit up. Has anyone done this swap? Does anyone see any “no go” issues in doing the swap? It’s seems relatively simple but I want to make sure I’m not overlooking big issues. If it’s feasible my plan is to pick up a basket case Blaster, have a Ken O’Connor engine build, use the electrical, switches, cables etc from parts Blaster and end up with a lightweight, fast, and modern looking two stroke quad. All input is appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
By chance can you share a photo of your Raptor?

That's a nice looking ride. Thanks for the pic. Please hold on, hopefully, guys more knowledgeable will be along soon to give you better insight.

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting input on the swap. I think it would be a really cool quad with 10-12 more two stroke ponies and about 70lb engine weight reduction.

I think it would be a really cool quad with 10-12 more two stroke ponies and about 70lb engine weight reduction.
That big weight difference?

Yes, in that ballpark. 350 engine at or a little over 100lbs from what I have read. Blaster engine is much smaller and no reverse either. Raptor 350 comes in around a little under 400lbs and Blaster with regular mods is a little over 300lbs.

Any advice on making the swap work? I need some input!

Yes, in that ballpark. 350 engine at or a little over 100lbs from what I have read. Blaster engine is much smaller and no reverse either. Raptor 350 comes in around a little under 400lbs and Blaster with regular mods is a little over 300lbs.

Any advice on making the swap work? I need some input!
Hey, any updates?

Back