two questions... chain and front right wheel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl

Reaction score
Hey,

I have two questions.

1. I havent got time to run to the store today to get wd40. Is pb blasters penetrating catalyst ok to use on my chain?

2. My front right wheel has some play in it when i wobble it, the nuts are tight, what could this be?

Thanks

Something is better than nothing for the chain but there are chain specific lubricants that you can buy at about any Powersports shop.
As for the wheel play, either the wheel bearings are worn or the balljoints are worn...or both. If you have it up if the ground check the balljoints to see if they're moving in and out when you push/pull. If they don't it's likely the wheel bearings. You should be able to look at the brake caliper while shaking the wheel. If the wheel has movement independently of the caliper which is solid mounted to the spindle then you have bad bearings.

Ok. Thanks. Im still learning so i dont exactly know what to look for when it comes to the wheels. Or how to replace the bearings etc. Ill do my best and have a look.

Latest posts

Back