Twist Throttles

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh cool, I don't know why I was under the impression they were different. Thanks

Are you thinking about going to a thumb throttle on yours? I will probably stick with my thumb throttle for now and maybe for good. I wish I could ride one with a twist throttle just to see how it feels.

They are diffrent. The twist throttle version has a diffrent wheel on the carb with 2 spots for cables... the twist throttle uses a puch pull type throttle. Which in my opinion is the best. You never have to worry about a stuck throttle. However you may be able to switch them because i think the thumb version also has 2 slots for a cable.... but my wheel has 4 places.

They are diffrent. The twist throttle version has a diffrent wheel on the carb with 2 spots for cables... the twist throttle uses a puch pull type throttle. Which in my opinion is the best. You never have to worry about a stuck throttle. However you may be able to switch them because i think the thumb version also has 2 slots for a cable.... but my wheel has 4 places.

Are you sure?

Yea I know my throttle can stick because it did at the dunes. The altitude was higher there and I was running rich, so I was trying to adjust it on the fly. I crammed my hand up under the tank to get to the screw. It made that rubber piece that comes down to the air cleaner box get kinked up in there and it caused the throttle linkage to stick. No biggie, but scared the **** out of me at first. I remember to check for that now if I am messing with it when i am out ridding.

As for if the twist and thumb throttle versions are different. I have heard they are by more than one person locally, but I'm not sure if they know what they are talking about. I have never been able to compare the two myself. It would be nice if they were the same, because it would be easier to convert them back and forth to see which one you like better. My gut feeling is he is right, but that is all it is.

Back