Tusk Typhoon rear brake rotor.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
Well ordered up a bunch of parts to get my warrior going again and needed a new back brake rotor as my stock one was either warped or bent. The typhoon rotor and regular rotor were the same price (59.99) so i figured it couldnt hurt. Also ordered new pads at the same time.. which i reccomend doing with a new rotor.

As far as looks its awesome. Felt good and solid. Lighter than oem and it just looks sexy on there. Everything lined up and bolted together problem free.

Peformance wise it seems to brake better than my old rotor but like stated it was messed up so i cant say for sure how much better.

I had my axle out to put new tapered bearings in the carrier so the install was easy. To install with axle on all you would have to do is pull the brake side hub off, caliper, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0286[1].jpg
    IMG_0286[1].jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 44
i would like to get one of these rotors, but i can't get my hub bolts out. when i bought the quad i put on a regular tusk drilled rotor though. they hold up well. been riding on it for 3yrs now.

is there any performance gain such better braking or cooler braking?

Well a slotted,drilled rotor will always outperform a regular solid rotor like the warrior comes with. It should run cooler and brake better. Its lighter i know that. It seemed to work better than my old rotor but like i said my old rotor was messed up.

In the end if your stock rotor is fine spending 60 dollars on this isnt really needed. If you want the looks then go for it. If your stock rotor is worn out/warped/bent like mine was then its worth it

The rear rotor does look sick........cant really notice a difference in the performance, of course I am in the sand, but I had to replace the old one, previous owner warped the stock one.

Back