Tusk clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggp

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the Tusk clutch kit from Rocky Mountain? I have read very good reviews on other forums. Just wondering if anyone has experience on a Warrior.

Thanks,
Gregg

Has anyone here tried the Tusk clutch kit from Rocky Mountain? I have read very good reviews on other forums. Just wondering if anyone has experience on a Warrior.

Thanks,
Gregg
Don't waste your money, for $78 you can have a Barnett, EBC, or $110 a stock clutch. The Warrior clutch design isn't really good to begin with so going with the cheapest possible you'll sure be replacing it again in a short time. I run the stock plates with an extra steel in the pack and prefer it.

Yeah, stay away from that crap. If you would put in a tusk kit and make it 5 rides without it starting to slip in a warrior you're one of the lucky ones. EBC is the cheapest i'd go with, my EBC is still working perfect after close to 2 years of hard riding.

Where can I get a Barnett clutch for $78. The cheapest I have seen it is for $109 on ebay.

Anyone actually tried a Tusk clutch? I would like to here from someone with actual experience.

Thanks,
Gregg

I put one in and it lasted about 20 minutes then started to slip in third gear. I new better but figures it was worth a shot.

Alot of us our judging on previous experience with their other shoty parts they sell. Tusk = payless shoes to quads imo. Not all their stuff but most.

I put on a tusk clutch kit and have rode it probably about 20 times and have had no problems with it and it made mine run like a new bike

it seems to be a good clutch for the price

I think that our mixed reviews could mean that they have several suppliers making their parts and is causing such a large inconsistency. IMo that is one of the worst things a company can do cuz in the end everyone is confused

Mine has been working ok for 2 years now with all my work... however i added the h/d springs from ebc and an extra plate. Its on its way out now..... i'll be going with barnett kevlar next.

I think that our mixed reviews could mean that they have several suppliers making their parts and is causing such a large inconsistency. IMo that is one of the worst things a company can do cuz in the end everyone is confused

That's very possible, and that would make sense why some people love them and some people absolutely hate the same product.

to all those with problems, did you put the tusk clutch springs in also? i have a tusk clutch with the HD springs and have not had an issue for over a year, i also have one in my banshee and don't have any problems. going to be putting one in my 72 R5C soon too

i am running one right now that i just put in on my Yfz and did the h/d springs and have yet to have any problems from what i was told from the previous owner who seemed to know his **** and was telling me it would need a clutch when i bought it, said that Ebc actually produces the clutches for Tusk and your pretty much paying name when you go EBC, So i guess its all opinions and Yamarider have you had personal experience with these? or are you just taking some one else's opinion and saying it crap because of the name?

I know me and my dad both bought tusk clutches.. Mine works fine but the one in his yz250 blew into pieces. So who knows.

Well from experience just looking at the stock plate and a tusk, the tusk just looks like ****. All I'm gonna say is I have a 446 motor with stock clutch plates and steels, with super HD FST springs and a extra steel and it's holding fine.

Back