turns over incredibly slow....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakster78

Reaction score
OK - this is a 92 warrior, stock everything. When trying to start it it turns over like the battery is dead. I put a new battery in it and took a starter off of one of my other warriors and I get the same results. At this point I am certain it's not the battery or the starter. This bike does smoke , oil , but I've never had this "slow turn over" with other smokers. Does anyone have any ideas?

oakster78 said:
OK - this is a 92 warrior, stock everything. When trying to start it it turns over like the battery is dead. I put a new battery in it and took a starter off of one of my other warriors and I get the same results. At this point I am certain it's not the battery or the starter. This bike does smoke , oil , but I've never had this "slow turn over" with other smokers. Does anyone have any ideas?

my guess is one of the cables/connection or starting solenoid is bad.

I've checked over all the wires and connections and have found nothing. BUT- now I can hear the starter spinning and once in a while the engine will crank over. I know very little about the bottom end on these motors. Is there a way the starter can spin and not catch on the flywheel? If so could this make it sound like it has a dead battery? I would thinnk if the teeth on the flywheel were wore that bad it wouldn't catch at all. Thanks for the help JasonP.

The starter can spin and not turn the flywheel if the starter clutch is not engaging. I dont know if it would make it sound like it has a dead batery.

im having the same problem with my 01 warrior and i did the same new battery and starter. my question is what exactly do i need to get and where is the cheapest place to find the parts.

Latest posts

Back