tune up?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryankach

Reaction score
i was wonder if any one knew what the dealers do when u bring your quad in for a tune up?

Charge way too much. But besides that and on a different not I would assume change oil, oil filter, air filter if needed (Or clean). I would assume that that would be about it.

Tunes ups are easy...change oil and oil filter...spark plug..and recharge your air filter.....or re-oil depending on what filter you have!..I wouldnt got to a shop for it they will charge way to mush $.

Adjust valve clearance, check your suspension and wheel bearings, change the plug, that should be about it unless your motor is running really shitty and has been ridden very hard for a few years. If that's the case you might need a top end rebuild also.

alright thanks i think i might look in to it cuase i know my valve need to be adjust and i just want to make sure ever thing is running good.

Adjust valve clearance, check your suspension and wheel bearings, change the plug, that should be about it unless your motor is running really shitty and has been ridden very hard for a few years. If that's the case you might need a top end rebuild also.

I almost said valve adjustment but didn't figure they would actually do that much more work.... ;D ;D ;D

yea some shops do it and some just say they do it thast y i service every thing i own that way if u decide to see it u have a record of every thing that has happened to the bike

i have put on probably 70+ hours and i havent had the valves adjusted yet and it runs awesome, guy i know with a 660 raptor with more hours then me hasn't had the valves set and he hasn't complained

Latest posts

Back