Truck Bed Tents

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_700x

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? What do you have, and how do you like it?

Ive got a camping trip coming up in about a month, so I was thinking about getting one of these and an air matress. They looks pretty cool! :tup:

kodiak_truck_tent.jpg

SportzTruckTentIII1.jpg

I think they're kewl n all, but not quite the way I'd go. I mean if I was gona tent it,
(And I used to do a tonne of tenting, before I got an old lady and 2 kids, (3rd one on its way,) was nice cuz I could through it, blankets n pillows, beef jerky chips whisky n beer in the car n off Id go for a weekend.

I like my lil tent, as its small enough to fit in my backpack. Last year me n my cuzn just rode out into the bush on the machines, set up camp, n then rode the rest of the weekend, n then packed her up n rode out.

I dont know if Id bother with a truck bed tent though. I imagine they're slightly more pricey than a normal tent, and you're space is limited.

Ive seen some that extend over the sides, make a bit more space, more like a tent trailor kinda thing. The only thing is, youstill have to take it down to move the truck or run into town. You'd also have to unload everything outtat the truck to set it up.

As far as tenting goes, I would just get a normal one myself.

What I was contemplating, Is I have an old tent trailor.
I been looking for a little ranger or s10 kinda thing, just needs to run, and I can fix the rest.

I was gonna cut down the box, or turn it flatdeck. Then you have a floor that slides out to one side or both, walls that fold up, and a canopy roof, (I was thinking a solid roof originaly as well.) My mom used to have an old trailor that the walls folded up n down on. So I have a good idea how to make it work.

Up front you have the stove/sink/fridge/furnace out of the tent trailor, which i also considered having external, built into the side of the fenders or off the rear bumper.

You get a secondary under truck fuel tank, (you can order them for most vehicles) or ditch the spare from underneath, and mount a fuel cell for water. propane tank can be stored on the truck, and then hooked up sitting beside it when everthings setup.

when Your all said and done, everythng folds back closed etc, and the walls would become once again a flat deck, able and ready to load your machine onto.

you could have a camper larger than your typical tent trailor, all tucked away, and flat deck, all in one!

well thats the gist of the idea anyhow.

as it is, looks like I have a 91 dakota 4x4, in near mint condintion all lined up, so long as nothing falls through, I should have it as of the 14th of next mnth! But its too nice a truck to chop up and rig for such things..

did someone say something about pitching a tent:leer:... haha naaaaaa:hehe: i still think a regular tent is easier and more practical ORRRRRR cabelas has a cool tent cot

I like 'regular' tents as well, but these truck tents do have some benefits, and it would be perfect for me for those short weekend trips, or sleeping over after an outdoor party or concert, etc.

The good things are that they are off the ground (to stay dry and away from critters lol), and some of them have an access through your rear window, so you can charge your cellphone, listen to your stereo, or pump in some heat or A/C if you need it.

Yea it sucks you can't drive with them on, but I'm told that they are easily taken off the truck (still intact) in like 30 seconds if you need to use the truck.

I like campers hooked to a generator but thats just me...... **** TENTS!!!

Back