Troubleshooting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87 warrior

Reaction score
my bike wont start.wen i timed it the cam gear wont line up perfect.it off by like 3 eights on either side.cam i get some one to take a picture of a cam gear so i can compare it to mine.so i can tell if mine is so wore that its off a bit.the bike was running before i put piston rings in it.

sounds like you timed it at TDC on the exhaust stroke ... line the T on the rotor lines up with timing mark in the timing window then pulling the cam gear off and turn the crank all the way around till the T on the flywheel lines up with the mark again and reinstall the cam gear and timing chain and see if that works for you

mine and lots of others never line up perfectly either. i always just set mine forward of the line, its about a half of a tooth off

I second this. mine dont line up perfectly and its like a half a tooth off.

You guys are setting your timing with the tensioner out, right? If you set it that way, then put it back in and see the mark is off by alot, guess what, your cam chain is stretched, time for a new one.

Yeah I tried to adjust mine with the tensioner out but there was nothing i could do to get it PERFECTLY lined up.

I mean if its off by a hair its all good. Mine was ever so slightly. Fraction of a fraction of an inch.

thx guys.i got the bike running.starts great.now all i need to do is buy a header and an exhaust.Should i get a dg? Im looking for a fairly quiet muffler

If your wanting a quiet one then dont get a DG! they will give u a headache after a while. Unless its the excelleron or how ever u spell it

my fmf q is louder then stock but will pass the 96 decibel check here for the dunes and improved preformance. I hear hmf is the sh*t and they have a quiet cap that can be put in them

HMF's are awesome! Yoshimura's are awesome too. fmf is great also. 3 of the best brands right there. im pretty sure all of them offer a quiet core.

I have a Yoshimura. It came with a tech B kit which is just a spark arrestor/silencer. It makes good power with it in or out, it does run alot hotter with it in though. I always reccomended Yoshi's to warrior owners.

I was going to tell you the HMF is really the most cost effective But those things are like 250 dollars now! Thats outrageous.... they were 190 bucks when they first came around the atv scene.

Yoshi, Pro circuit t-4, HMF

Those were my 3 favs. and they are all about the same price now

Latest posts

Back