trouble starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98-warrior

Reaction score
how hard is everyone elses modded warrior to start. i got great spark, getting fuel, and its on time, valves set right. I have the original cam, JE 366 10.5.1 comp. and run 91 octane. should i see how 87 octane will start it better. im going to tinker on the lathe today and make a adjustable cam gear. advance it a bit cause i just dont trust the +4 keys.
any ideas please would help. it runs perfect when its running but you almost need ether to start it. lol

is this a new issue or has it done it since the rebuild?try a comp. test first just because your lash is set right dosen't mean you cant have a burnt valve leaking off. what jets are you running with that set up?

You realize the +4 key is not doing the same thing you are contemplating with the cam gear. The +4 key changes the point where the magnet on the flywheel triggers the spark. Advances or retards when the spark plug fires. Advancing the cam gear changes when the valves open. Advances or retards when the valves open in relation to the piston TDC. They are two totally different concepts.

oopps musta had a brain fart. duh but i still dont trust them. i will end up doing both and see wat happens and no comp test yet. but wen you turn it by the crank it has good comp. and i just had the top head off 5 hours ago surely nothing happened. and a lil rich but it dnt flood it.

found out why it wouldnt start. i got the +4 vito key and got my flywheel off and my key looked like the vito key but in the retarded position and was just wollered out. i dont have a clue how that couldve happened but i got new one in just fine. although my battery is shot and have to wait till later to start it.. whats a good sealed battery people run. the ones with overspill spouts just drain all out in mine maybe i should keep it on the ground and on 4 wheels.

Back