Trouble getting flywheel on please help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior423

Reaction score
Im having trouble getting the flywheel back on does anyone know how to get it back on or any tricks

Can you just take the starter gear off and put the flywheel in it outside the motor them put the whole thing back in?

you probably need to clean your key slots on the crank and the flywheel and/or get a new flywheel key, the key should sit snug in the crank and excessive force is not required to put it back on

Ok thanks i will try that the one way bearing sits in the starter gear right? Im having trouble getting it on

Can you just take the starter gear off and put the flywheel in it outside the motor them put the whole thing back in?

No don't do it like that.... Did you use aftermarket parts or OEM? It should go right on unless its aftermarket. That; or your woodruff key needs to be replaced.

Its all oem parts i had the starter gear out and it wont fit into the one way bearing whats the best way to do it

With the starter gear off the bike; does it fit into the one way bearing/magneto? Like Can u put the starter gear on a table and fit the one way bearing onto it? If so its gonna fit same way if its on the crankshaft

I tried its hard to fit into the one way bearing thats where im having the problem

Your starter gear should fit right in the one way is what I'm trying to say. If you can do it off the bike; then it will work the same way if its on the crankshaft. If it won't fit while its off the bike; then your parts are bad

Just got in on just put it on a table and tapped it a few times and it went together thanks for all the help

Yea but I don't think you should put it on the bike like that; in one piece. You gotta put ring gear on crankshaft; then starter gear. Make sure starter gear is align to the idle gear. Then woodruff key; then flywheel.....does the starter gear spin freely while it's in the one way bearing?

Jimmy, if I remember correctly, I put the starter gear/one way bearing assembly and the flywheel on in one piece.

Jimmy, if I remember correctly, I put the starter gear/one way bearing assembly and the flywheel on in one piece.

First time I did that too and it destroyed the one way bearing and I had to buy a new one. I have pics of the destruction somewhere on here. I think my build thread has it. I was having same problem getting it on with the new one until I put 2 buckets under the left tires and tilted the quad on it's side to get the flywheel on. The better angle allowed me to get it all back together perfect. But hey maybe that was just my one bad experience

It did suck. Had to buy another gasket and oil; & one way. But again; maybe it was a singular experience I had.

you have to put the starter gear and flywheel on separately, the idler gear wont go over the flywheel key

Latest posts

Back