Trick of my own!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000wolvy

Reaction score
After changing my differential oil in my Wolverine I noticed differential oil blowing out the upper end of the vent tubes that extend up by the air intake tube (just behind the gas tank under the seat.) I did a little research on the subject and I found that this blowby is fairly common on many yamaha atvs. I looked no further than Suzuki for a fix. Part # 27491-38F00 is the fix. I ordered 2 , around 10$ each, and compleatly eliminated the differential vent tubes. The Suzuki part is a bulb that contracts or expands depending on the pressure created by the rotation of the differential gears. This design fully seals your differentials from the elements and is found on many new Suzuki quads (I got the idea after seeing this setup on a 2004 Z250 Quadsport). I did have to buy some vac hose reducers from the local parts store to make the bulb fit to the smaller Yamaha barbs. I will post some pics asap so you can see the finished product. After having this setup for a few months I find that the differental oil seems to look cleaner than before. I probably had a hole somewhere in the factory vent line that I was unaware of. Best of all, no more blowing diff oil!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! I did a ride back in February and had this same issue. Let me tell you, diff fluid hitting the hot engine and exhaust STINKS! :lol:

For now, I rerouted the hose so the end is over the swingarm. I'd like to try the setup you have.

My new winch just showed up in the mail so I look forward to installing it this weekend. I have my digital camera on charge so I will snap a few pics of the diffs as well as the winch install. Whats the best way to upload pics to the forum?

Make an account on www.photobucket.com. Make an account, its free and easy to do. Then upload your pics onto there, and then post the

Here are a few pics I snapped while I have the Wolverine tore down to mount the winch and run the cables. Also you can see where I mounted the winch solenoid in the rear cargo box. I did have to cut out the top portion of the box for clearance but I like this better than taking up more room by having the whole solenoid in the box. (sorry the pics are so big)

If you have any ?s let me know!

post30_1.jpg

post30_2.jpg

post30_3.jpg

post30_4.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for posting those pics!

Do you know what size barbs you picked up? I assume they're readily available at NAPA?

I'd really like to do this mod after experiencing the effects of diff fluid on a hot engine. :lol:

Actually I took in the bulb into the parts store and found a genaric fitting in the vaccum section, the vaccum fitting fits over the metal barb on the Yamaha but it sildes into the end of the bulb and is held into the bulb with a small cable tie. I suspose you could glue it in but it was a snug fit so I used the ties. Also I reused the factory squeeze clamps on the diff end. Sorry I didnt note the size, I just kept trying until I found a good fit :D , Glad to be a help to other Wolverine owners!

This is a great idea. Does the hose reducer is able to keep the setup completely waterproof. Did you get to chance to ride your Wolverine in water to test it?

With the reducer on there it is completely waterproof! Ive been in water over the diffs several times with the setup and the gear oil is still perfectly clean with no signs of water entering. I have a detroit locker in my front diff and I keep extra sure water doesnt get in there and damage the clutches or delute the friction modifier required for the locker.

NIce set up, It seems I live in the same city as you dude NS.

Today, I have installed the same setup on my Wolverine :D. Like 2000Wolvy said, the case breather can't be connected directly to the differential. I was looking for a solution when I found the breather hose for the fuel tank that I had removed the previous week. This hose works perfectly since the inner diameter fits well over the differential breather and the outer diameter fits well inside the case breather. To hold everything in place, I used 3/8" quick connect hose clamps.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. It makes changing the gear oil easier as well, Just remover the drain plug on the housing and pump on the little bulb, forces out the oil!

Latest posts

Back