tranny guru needed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barlow96

Reaction score
well for the last couple of months i thought my clutch was slipping when i shifted into 2nd-6th.....then a week ago my quad just quit moving when i put it into gear....i replaced the clutch and everything is put back together correctly....the problem is i can put the quad in gear and push it forward likes its in nuetral...i can put it in any gear and still push the quad????so im thinking that its something with the tranny....i just dont know what to look for when i split the case....also when i was riding and then the quad just quit moving there was a ticking sound comming from bottom end like something was stripped...thanks for any help

ive tripled checked the clutch to make sure everything was adjusted properly...i dont even think the clutch was the problem to begin with because the problem just happened all of a sudden (running the quad one second and then it just quit moving on me)...i can shift gears but there isnt any gear engagement....i can push the quad in gear without any resistence from the motor....with the clutch i have a little freeplay in the lever and it egages properly so i cant think off why the clutch would be the problem ....(i wish it was though...it would be a quicker fix then the tranny)

i've found out that the output shaft keys are stripped....ganna have to split the case and put a new one in

must have been too much power hahaha.....wish the sproket would have stripped instead of the keys on the shaft....would have made the fix just alittle bit easier

Back