Trailers!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm looking at a couple trailers at Lowes that I could pull behind my car (VW Passat Wagon).

I was really leaning towards the 5'x8' trailer because I figured I could fit 2 quads on there, but now I'm not so sure I could? Does anyone here have a 5'x8' trailer or similar? If so can you fit more then just a warrior on there? As in some other quad? The other quads I'd be hauling are 250's probably the Honda 250.

you have to put them in side ways ..... but we put a warrior and a pred in a 5x8 trailer all the time

Ok, I found dimensions online for a raptor 350 and it said it was a bit over 5' long that's why I wasn't sure.

how bout not shop at Lowes at all.

Buy used and get more bang for your buck. but yes, sideways, you can fit two quads on a 5x8.

Well, I have a gift card lol. Can get the 5x8 for like 500 though which I don't think is that bad.

My trailer is an old boat trailer I converted to utility bed. When all was said and done, my floor is 6 foot x 12 foot. I can get my Banshee, Warrior, and Raptor 80 on there but have to turn them all sideways to do it. Five foot width is going to make things tight even turning them sideways.

Here it is when we still had the Blaster:
atv_trailer_web.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about looking for a boat trailer to convert, but I haven't seen much on the cheap side around here.

I got lucky and mine was free. Still cost me $400 by the time I put new tires on and metal and treated lumber. It is pretty heavy duty, though compared to the ones at Lowes and Tractor supply. Not light by any means and I don't tow it with my GMC Jimmy when fully loaded. Have to get out the gas hog pickup.

im with deadlast on this one. when i bought my trailer i looked at lowes and a couple other local places and everything was way overpriced for the quality of the product. id say craigslist is the ticket for cheap stuff but deicent trailers can be hard to come by on there. definately be carefull your not buying someones hack job. I ended up buying a new trailer in the end but it was a leftover and i got it for almost $900 off the sticker price. this is what i got and i would highly recommend there products. http://www.tritontrailers.com/products/Model.aspx?CatID=26&SubCatID=29&ModelID=282&info=specifications aluminum trailers are more expensive but they are super light (my 3 bike 7'x12' only weighs 500lbs) and best of all they dont rust. if your pulling it with a car instead of an suv or truck id definatly look into these. just remember that even though your car might tow 2000lbs it isnt gonna be a fun ride with a fully loaded trailer bigger than the car pushing you around.

the one we have only has 8 inch side rials the warrior goes in side ways at the front and the pred goes in the back long ways and the rear tires sick out like 3inches

Well while an aluminum trailer is nice I really don't have the money to spend on one of those at this time. Also as I said I have a gift card for Lowes so really it's free to me.

A trailer that only weights 500 or so lbs with 2 quads on it shouldn't be up to 2k lbs. And should still be at or below half the weight of my car, so it shouldn't be a bad ride at all.

Well I got a 600 dollar gift card for Lowes that I won from somewhere and it's been sitting here..... this seems like a good use for it.

The wood floor one is a better trailer. The mesh floor ones are pretty flimsy. When I was looking for one, I looked at them at Home Depot, Orscheln, and Tractor Supply and they were all about the same stuff. The wood floor definitely stiffens them up but also makes them heavier. I have been told that even though the fold up end gate is mesh, it is still like a parachute draggin in the wind.

Which ever you buy make sure its got trailer brakes or its going to shuv you around and get a good brake controler too I think a 5x8 trailer with seperate ramps is a good deal

I don't think at this weight any of them have trailer brakes.

I would add a wooden floor to it for sure.

But since you have a car instead of a truck dragging the trailer so its going to push more because it wasn't built with a triler in mide it was sort of a after thought and the trailer brakes brakes would be helpfull

Well it'll only be pulled by my car for a few months, early next year I'm going to get a mid-sized truck, possibly a Dodge Dakota or something.

Back