Trail side tire airing?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db

Reaction score
Does anyone carry anything with them to fill a flat tire should something happen when out on a trail ride?

I never realized how easy it is to puncture these tires until I bought a couple used warriors, both with multiple plugs in the front tires and how many of the used tires forsale all have plugs in them.

The best way to go is one of the plug kits that use the tar strips to stop the leak. To fill the tire back up, use either a small 12 volt air compressor ($5-10 at most stores) or one of the co2 inflators.

They make compact tire repair kits that are easy to carry. I found one by Tusk that has the co2 cartridges as well as tire plugs and patches. Not sure how useful the patches would be on a trail, or how helpful it would be for larger punctures, but for smaller holes, it would probably help. Got it from Rocky Mountain Atv for $20.

I've had awesome luck with a plug kit and a CO2 inflator. Nice and light, can be tucked neatly into your camelback or backpack.

meathead said:
Not sure how useful the patches would be on a trail, or how helpful it would be for larger punctures, but for smaller holes, it would probably help.

Never underestimate the ability of multiple plugs and A LOT of sealant :)

Thanks for the CO2 inflator. I'll look into those. Sounds pricey up front, but worth every bit of it when you pop one on a trail.

Latest posts

Back