trade the warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the guys gunna bring it by tomorrow so we can test ride and ****.

yeah 2 strokes are super fast but from what ive seen they take more maintanence and have to rebuild very often..... warriors= bulletproof lol to an extent.

ill test ride it and see what my dad says. and see what happens

and resell on the RM is around $600-$700 (here anyway) they're fun if you love a 2 stroke and the gobs of raw power but if you dont then they suck. i'd say keep the warrior

rebuilds are cheap on 2 smokes (hone and ring) if you keep the gas mixed right and use the right oil. (most race bikes use a single ring piston). cost maybe $30 at the most to re ring one.

Last edited:
I myself don't like 2 smokes, they are a pain in the ass to have, gotta maintain them, you can get stuck easy with all that power, have to have mix gas, if mix is wrong, you either burn it up, or too rich and it runs like ****. Gotta change plugs all the time since it burns oil they foul out. I like 4 strokes better torque, practically indestructible, easier to maintain, jetted right run like a bat out of hell, can be easier to work on, seem easy to rebuild. I would keep the warrior, if you want a dirt bike get a 4 stoker.

i personally love love LOVE 2 strokes! tickles me shitless yamaha has advanced the technology to get past U.S. emissions!.
they're NOT a pain in the ass to maintain if you have 2 months experience with em. pre mix is simple (32:1) in race bikes. use golden spectrum smokeless synthetic oil. and on the newer (around '89 and newer) water cooled bikes the engine life is SOOOO much longer. i've had topends last as long as 2 years in KDX's and YZ's. and like i said... a 2 stroke is SOOOOO simple to rebuild! no freakin timing to deal with, just pull head and jug, hone, replace ring, put head and jug back on, bolt down to spec, crank and ride. then the power that a 2 stroke has. they spin up fast and when you touch the throttle it's there! no 2 second delay or anything!. then we have the power band! omg get's me wet thinking about it :D. i had a '02 kx60 for all of 3days and through all six gears when the power band hit the front wheel came off the ground!. i had it while i had my built blaster and with the blaster pegged in 6th the kx60 would pass it up in 5th! :( i want it back.

anyway.... ride it and if you really like it you'll know and you'll trade. but if you want it to keep then go ahead... if you want it to keep for 6 months and sell then i'd recommend something else.
if ya get it and have questions just lmk :)

have you ever been on anything like that? if you haven't then i'd think real hard about trading. those 250's are not for the faint of heart.

trust me, i wanted a cr250 for a long time and i hadn't rode a dirtbike since i was a kid. tried my cousins honda the other day and i like to have **** my pants. safe to say that i no longer have the desire to own something like that haha. gonna keep it on 4 wheels now.

Last edited:
i road a 550. there not as cracked up as they seem to be. ill ride it today. and let ya'll know=)

it was one of my uncles buddys tj. i dont have his number or id get u a pic. i think it was a 500 and he made it a 550? im not positive.

Back