Track design ideas?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
I have a lot of projects that will be going on this spring but one of the bigger ones is to make use of the 3 acres of land that came with my house. I want to build a track that's a mix of mx and xc type riding, I know it's not a lot of land to work with but i'm thinking maybe a single, a double, a small tabletop, and some other obstacles thrown in there. I attached a sort of shitty overhead shot of the land, anything within the property line and above the red dotted line is wooded and is fair game. Keep in mind it's mostly on a 5-10 degree grade towards the top of the overhead view, not perfectly level. I can get a good bit of fill to use as the base for the jumps, right now there's a pile of plaster and drywall in my back yard the size of a van so that's a good start, plus I have buddies in construction that can get me more fill, and heavy equipment if necessary.

That's my land in the background of the second pic to give a better idea of what i'm working with. It looks kinda like a jungle in that pic but once you're actually in the woods it's pretty open.

So if anybody has good ideas put them out there, even take that overhead view and draw in a track layout and post it back up or email it to me if you have the time and urge to do so.

Thanks for the input guys.

land.jpg

100_0206.JPG

Couple of questions. How close can you go in the narrow end,.....you neighbor gunna get pissed? Have actual footage in lengths, If we design a track and its way outta scale, no sense in even making it then in

I'm not worried about the noise bothering the neighbors, my 700 isn't loud if I put the baffle in and none of my friends have real loud exhausts on their quads either. I don't want to go right against the property lines though, as i'm not 100% sure where all the property lines are and i'm not going to pay $1000 to have someone survey it for me.

I don't have actual measurements for distances, to be honest i've never even been on that narrower strip that goes behind the neighbor's property, for all I know there's an indian burial ground back there lol. All I can really tell you is that the wooded area we're working with is a little more than 2 acres.

Check out Bing.com and hit the maps tab and find your house... in "birds Eye" view the pic quality is freakin unreal ... big brother hahah.. not a huge help here but def get a lil better look at what your working with..

land2.jpg

That one any better? Even with bing that's the best i can do.

If you want to look for yourselves, use bing maps and search for 5901 Harmony Grove Rd Dover, PA

At least that map has a scale on it for a rough estimate of distances

And my house doesn't look like that anymore, entire place got stripped and gutted inside and out after I bought it. It's about 2/3 completed, i'll post some pics of the finished product when it's finished in the spring. I can't wait to move in, originally I thought i'd be moved in by the end of december but that sure as hell didn't happen, it was in a lot worse shape than I initally thought. The one back corner of the house was so rotted out behind the plaster due to bad design/craftsmanship that the only thing that was holding up the roof and walls was the damn siding! Every 2x4 in the whole corner of the house was rotted and eaten by termites, literally nothing there at all on the bottom foot and a half. Every piece of plaster, rock board, and drywall got torn out as nothing was insulated, entire electrical system was replaced and put a dedicated subpanel in the garage to handle my air compressor, welder, etc., new roof with architectural grade shingles, new high end wood grain vinyl siding, tore the sagging porch roof down and redesigned it completely, the list just goes on and on. Good thing I got the place for the value of the land alone so it's like I got the garages and house for free.

Hah, I'll work on something when I get some time. I know it goes with house remodeling though. I got my house off the bank in 07. Projected I'd take me about 4 months to get the stuff how I wanted it (gutted the bathroom and most of the kitchen, all new carpet and paint, new siding and roof....I did it all except the roof and siding, hail storm and insurance got that done for me :), learned how to tile in the process, put a wood floor in the kitchen too) anyways about 7motths later it was all finished, hahahah.

Back