• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Torq header pipes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bike put back together today, low end is better and it feels smoother in the power band. Awesome pipe and definitely worth the money!

Jrk ill be getting back with u soon as I get some cash flowing again.. The holidays was pretty hard on me this year

Our pipes get too hot for powder I know from experience. I had to have mine redone in ceramic and it's perfect now. Also mine wasn't done in a garage they are a professional company.

Last edited:
Ya I have a pic of mine ceramic coated in chrome and it was glowing red. To this day it looks great still

well i guess we will see! i will coat my new header once it comes in.. put it on the bike and do pics... no way does a 4 stroke pipe get hotter than a 2 stroke snowmobile motor... but we will see... i could be wrong, it has happened before... was a Tuesday, ill never forget hahaha
just amazed as we do turbo fabrication in the shop and have done a ton of turbo piping in high temp without any issues at all...

This will solve this issue once and for all

geeessfore what powder was used when you had your pipe coated? do you have any pics of what happened to it after powder? that will tell us if it is a high temp or not.

No I don't. I had another company do it in silver powder once I drove it after heat cycles and muddy water the silver turned to dull grey in spots. I then had a better company ceramic chrome it and still looks great.

do you know if it was a high temp and if so what brand... any one out there that is looking to powder them only powder we use for high temp is PBTP high temp powders... they hold up VERY well! 900* on a pipe is INSANE hot... considering alum starts to break down and melt at 1200* if you are reading 900* off the head i would highly recommend you look at your jetting! also remember on an IR gun shiny surfaces can give you a false reading... Never the less high temp powder will handle 900* all day every day no problem at all... but hell like i said i am 100% new to quads. we have coated dirt bike, snowmobile, motorcycle, car, truck, etc pipes but i have never tossed a quad header in the oven and put it into application... so we will find out once i hit mine, i am part tempted to weld in a bung for and o2 sensor to get specific readings... but if you got a glowing pipe and are at 900* you are running lean. no question

Last edited:
It depends on how well the two stroker is tuned, I had a blaster built mildly (minor port, .040 over, full fmf, open box, jetted) and when you got it tuned perfect, at a idle you could touch the cooling fins but I have never gotten a mild warrior to be that cool. I have scared up knuckles from adjusting minor things while it was idleing.

Thats just my findings. I find wrapping to be a more effective way to keep engine temps down but im not a big fan of painting on a coating on a pipe and that insulates it, but i haven't done a lot of studying of the science behind it, and im sure I should but i haven't had the time

I had mine coated inside and out to keep heat down since my leg was getting hot. They said they do it for a company they coat there headers for.

as promised... here are pics after i powder coated the header that sparky makes with high temp powder. I have a raptor motor/exhaust so i do have to mod the muffler a bit before i can put it though the operation cure cycles and then run it for a bit and see how the powder holds up!

1044012_10151559316963073_1535029060_n.jpg

6463_10151559317128073_816958550_n.jpg

also have coated another quad header in high temp, just finished operation cure cycles and it is looking good!
944446_10151514761348230_2117250389_n.jpg

421864_10151514764338230_1293396651_n.jpg

1004437_10151514764343230_1572040106_n.jpg

ya we do cermaic as well, thing is with powder costs are about 1/2 of what they are with ceramic so i am trying to come up with a more cost affective way to clean up pipes on our quads... the 660 pipe glows red when fully heated and is holding up well so far... if it does not sell really fast i will be able to give a ride report on that as well as the white i did mine in...

Latest posts

Back