top speed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrap350

Reaction score
has anyone actually ran a raptor 350 to see what the top speed is? like with a gps or somthing not riding by a car? the dealer said 65mph but I doubt it cuz I have a 14 front sprocket and hmf and it might go 60-62mph, but thats just a guess, also whats the top speed of a z400 I could stay with him for awhile on the road but I pretty sure he could get away from me if he wanted to haha. please no flaming.

well nevermind on the top speed on the raptor My buddy just pulled up with his garmin so I put it in my back pack and it only does 60,6 mph. slitly down hill at that, but it is still running very rich. the guy at the dealership sucks balls saying it does 65 mph stock. still need to know the top spped of the z400 though, i'm sure much faster than 60mph.

yeah it is running rich my jet kit is supposed to be hear anyday. but yeah doesn't the stock warrior have 22 in tires? the raptor has 20's wouldn't that make a difference?

the warrior does but they also bring the gearing back to stock by using a 38 sprocket in the rear instead of a 40. You said you have a 14T sprocket in the front.. **** that should add about 3 to 5 mph on the top. Yeah your jetting sounds off... What do you have done to your bike?

When I had mine we were out in Wellsville Ohio on a dirt access road and the GPS said top speed was 71.7mph. Mods were +1 tooth up front, pipe, jet, K&N. Before anybody starts calling BS I'm just telling you what it said, I really don't care if you believe it or not...lol.

I have just a 14 front sprocket and a hmf pipe thats it. I figured it would do at least 65 mph but maybe my jetting is causing it to run slower idk? just know it runs way rich

the plug is black as black can get lol. yeah I called hmf engineering and they said it could be the heat it was 110 today and told me to rejet but i think im gonna wait till I get the k&n filter on before I rejet. so it should be between 68- 70 ish? and the motor was pegged, can u blow up the 350 at wot in 6th?

is your air filter dirty.. it should be a just right or a hair lean.
It will float the valves before it blows up. Just don't sit and rev the nutts out of it in 1st gear forever.

well i think another problem is that hmf says to move the clip down one notch after installing their pipe but on the 07 raptor there is only one notch to begin with. so... idk plus i have 1/2in holes, 5 of them drilled in the airbox lid so that should of made it leaner so idk y its rich unless it has somthing to do with not being able to lower the clip down one notch.

If you lower the clip it would make the bike richer. What's the air filter look like.
That thing should be runing lean.

by the way whats the best place to buy a k&n clamp on kit or whats the best air filter kit to get im already getting the gyr-t jet kit so i don't need the dyno kit or what ever its called.

I know I took the air box off and ran it for 15 mins or so and I looked at the plug and it looked a lil lean but pretty close to perfect, but i really don't know how long you need to run it before you check the plug to tell if it running rich or lean, I checked it after about a 3 hour ride the other night and thats when it was rich.

is it possible that the 110 degree weather and possible humidity casued it to be that rich??

as for the clamp on air filter I have the GYTR filter adapter and uni kit from e bay it was 70 something, like this one but with a uni filter http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/700-RAPTOR-YAMAHA-GYT-R-GYTR-AIRFILTER-W-ADAPTER-KIT_W0QQitemZ200141404812QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43979QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but if I had it to do over I would have got a whole new air box ready to fit a clamp on filter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-350-Warrior-Wolverine-Airbox-Air-Box-CFM_W0QQitemZ110159382517QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back