Top motor mounts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1statv

Reaction score
Found a guy to make me new mounts out of quarter inch steel. What you guys think? I'm think vibration will become a issue

Would work.
Bit of an over kill though.
Make sure he bends it right. You wouldn't want to break the mount off of your engine head.
Just a thought

I would rather the mount be weaker than the motor......
Meaningly you want your weakest link to be the easiest and cheapest fix when it brakes. It would be better to have to replace the mount then part of the motor.

just my $0.02

I would rather the mount be weaker than the motor......
Meaningly you want your weakest link to be the easiest and cheapest fix when it brakes. It would be better to have to replace the mount then part of the motor.

just my $0.02

Hmmm maybe that's why yamaha maid them so weak

I made mine out of 10 ga (1/8 in) cold rolled steel. Figured that was a lil better than yamaha but still weak enuf to bend/break if something torqued them. Not sure they need to be as weak as oe

I welded some washers on them and havent had an issue yet

Just over the hole? Because mine broke above the hole right where it starts to bend and I don't see how a washer can help unless its bent to go over that arch on the mount .

Just over the hole? Because mine broke above the hole right where it starts to bend and I don't see how a washer can help unless its bent to go over that arch on the mount .

Yea. I grinded down the washer so it fit in the bend. You could even bend the washer to curve with the bend if you want.

Latest posts

Back