top 3 light weight tires choices

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrap350

Reaction score
i'm looking for the top three lightest and best wearing tire between these choices
1.regular itp holeshots
2.holeshot h-d
3.holeshot xcr
4.gncc
5.holeshot xc
6.maxxis razr
7.razr2
8.kenda klaws

I still have a set of HDs on rims that I ran for over a year and they aren't wore at all. I took them off and put on stock raptor rims and tires because the HDs felt too heavy to me. They hook up great and without a doubt are a great tire. Just not for me trail riding.

ya the HD's are a heavy tire but dont wear fast at all, i have tires like the Z250's come stock with and love them they hook up awesome and are way lighter than the bandits i had

they will puncture somewhat easy compared to others since they are 2 ply but most places sell them, they are more popular on golf carts and lawn tractors

they will puncture somewhat easy compared to others since they are 2 ply but most places sell them, they are more popular on golf carts and lawn tractors
Yeah man the racers still use them because it has a standard tread pattern that still works, plus they are the lightest tire out there. I wouldn't use them for trail riding, closed circuit racing is their best bet as they won't come accross anything foreign that'll puncture them.

ok thats, need something for the trails though that are still somewhat light. the kenda klaws look pretty good, anyone got any pics of them on there quad?

This doesn't really have anything to do with lightweight, but I am getting no response in the other thread.

How about some opinions for me.
The machine I have just picked up has 25-12-9 Dirt Dogs on it.
They are fairly worn, and will be replaced (eventually).

I have 2 thoughts/questions.

1) Does anyone have any opinions on the Dirt Dog tire (in any size)

2) Over size tires!
No one here appears to use a tire bigger than 22" on there Warrior.
The place where I get half my yearly use out of these machine has ground clearance issues. This YFM has replaced a 200X that I have used up there for 3 years. The 200X had 22" tires and I was always hanging up on my skidplate. Smacking rocks and branches or the tires would go down in the tire ruts and I would teeter totter.
I was considering staying with 25"s for the extra 1.5" clearance. What would you do?

Latest posts

Back