Top 10 Sport Quads

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broughsy01warrior

Reaction score
What are your top ten sport quads?
Mine are..
Warrior
400ex
Ltz/kfx/dvx 400
Kfx 700
Ds 650
Trx250r
Lt250r
Banshee
Trx450r
Ltr450

That's in no particular order

Well... my idea about best sport quads are those that perform well and have little to no issues.

Warrior
400ex
Mojave
LT230s/e or 250 quadsport/quadrunner
Lakota 300
250x/300ex
YFZ
450R
250R
Banshee
ATC350X

CAM00016.jpg
[/IMG]You guys need your ****** heads examined if you don't have a 700R on that list, it only completely spanks 2/3rds of the quads you have on your lists, just saying....

Last edited:
You guys need your ****** heads examined if you don't have a 700R on that list, it only completely spanks 2/3rds of the quads you have on your lists, just saying....

Its the first bb efi and its all alum frame! The kfx450 needs on the list and so does the cannondale440 both made LEAPS in technology.

700r feel like it wants to go its own way rode one nice torque fast as hell just too loose to control imp but they are mean

It takes some body language to control b/c it is a beast but it ranks way higher than an 11! 686cc's, 45hp~ stock, nice ergonomics, reverse, 450 based suspension technology and nice aggressive styling, its a top 5 quad, sorry if ya don't agree, guess ya gotta own one!

Last edited:
You know what I meant, higher, more positive, lower numerically, however you wanna phrase it! You have to put the 450's on the list, they're just awesome, yes, the 250R, Banshee Yup...but hell some of you have Mojave on the list and not the 700R??? I'll be honest with you boys, my Warrior has a good home here at my house but its not even in the picture compared to the 700. Blaster,.awesome bang for the buck, versatile and plentiful but its gonna take Tons of work to bring it into 700 zone. 400ex?? Really, really...really...but not the Rap 700??? WTF!!! Tecate 4, plain and simple, too few years of production, cool, yes but not a top ten machine. Ugh, I'm gonna stop now, this could go on all night.

The raptor didn't even cross my mind. I was only listing the bikes I have experiance with. I've owned, and have seen mojaves tortured to absolute **** and they still run. In my mind, a good sport quad, or any quad for that matter, is one that is fun to ride, has little to no probs, was (maybe) innovative for it's time, easy to work on (for the most part) required little mantinance, and was something that ran for near ever. I have either ridden, owned, or have seen many of the bikes in my list in action, having the **** ridden out of them, that's where my list comes from.

Now, if you wanna talk about the most innovative yet "best" sport quads of all time:

Rapt 700 (biggest bore PURE sport quad, efi, aluminum frame...)
kfx450 (efi, aluminum frame, lower control arm mounting style, REVERSE...)
Mojave (DOHC, liquid cooled, cv type carb, 1st to do it ever..)
Banshee (parallel twin 2 stroke, need I say more...)
Quadzilla (the name is enough, 500cc 2 stroke, power valved I believe...)
450r (uni cam design...)
Warrior (1st big bore 4 stroke, elec and pull start, reverse, long travel susp, 6sp...)
250r (chassis design that is still being used to this day, and they are badass...)
LT230E (the fun 230cc of the quadsport, with the easy to use semi auto clutch...)
250ex (1st to use a manual clutch in conjunction with semi auto unit...)

That is my list for that catagory of sport quads.

Latest posts

Back