tire ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow600r

Reaction score
ok im looking for some new rear tires.. I play on dirt roads and fields and in some mud and on my river lease land and some loose sand... I was wanting something i can play in the sand with and then go right to the dirt and play in my field with without changing to paddles all the time cause my other spot is two miles down the road and then its loose sand again.. Any help will would be great thanks..

GBC X-REX great hook up in loose/ mud/loamy lots of side bite, great price!
GBC GROUND BUSTER XC, great in all conditions, MY FAVORITE REAR TIRE OF ALL! hard to find, but worth every dime!!!!
Maxxis RAZR great in all conditions except for very severe conditions, very pricey!
THATS MY .02 CENTS!!

Cheap RAZR2 knock-offs. BKT AT111 (HD's for some extra $) and at a fraction of the price that the real Razr2's are.

I would go with mudsharks. Best tires I ever had. I dont like mudlites, had them for a week and I had to put two tire plugs in the sidewall.

cool ill do some looking.. Just playing in this loose sand then to regular land its hard to find a good tire to both... Also what size you guys thinks would be good im still running stock gears.. thanks for the info guys realy helped

If your not doing any racing or anything go with 22 inch razrs. And stock gearing

ive 20x12 itp blackwaters on mine stock gearing htey work fine little highin the gearing but thats okay, makes it alot more stable and better looking vs 22's the trails i ride are mostly sand, they are 4 inches sand then hard pack and they do good, the fields they do fin too, just not so good when it gets wet (gets really slippery) but i did notice that vs my dads stock 250X tires, the black waters are really good in loose mud, but in the thick stuf, the rear just hangsup. but too bad they dont make them any more, but i looked around and i think these will fit your app: http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/KENDA-KLAW-XC-REAR-TIRE-20x11x9/?catalogId=103667

All depends on the price...

Cheap = Cheng Shing C-828 - aka Wooly buggers
- had them on my warrior from new till i sold it.....best tire ever for 36 bucks a tire ...I rode everywhere PA Mud...fields...rivers...UPstate NY rocks.....to WV Hatfield trails

Higher Price - Razr's everyone I know runs them...I have them on my banshee now...will go through anything but now your in 70+ price range

I would always suggest a 22 inch tire!!!! Better clearance and much better in mud by far.....

BeastlyWarrior228 said:
no razrs suck in sand better off doin a razr2 knock off

YA true the razr 2 tires have deeper treads so they would actually be better.

hawkster0001 said:
ive 20x12 itp blackwaters on mine stock gearing htey work fine little highin the gearing but thats okay, makes it alot more stable and better looking vs 22's the trails i ride are mostly sand, they are 4 inches sand then hard pack and they do good, the fields they do fin too, just not so good when it gets wet (gets really slippery) but i did notice that vs my dads stock 250X tires, the black waters are really good in loose mud, but in the thick stuf, the rear just hangsup. but too bad they dont make them any more, but i looked around and i think these will fit your app: http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/KENDA-KLAW-XC-REAR-TIRE-20x11x9/?catalogId=103667
hmm i guess i need to do some checking then cause thos tires you found are what i have now and they dont work to good in sand so i guess i need to see what all my vehicle has then... But the sand i play in is what was in the river and now the water went down and all this sand is left over.. Thanks for the info guys this realy helps..

oh, yeah you talkin bout the ones on moto, cuz i would believe the sand you ride in is very similiar to that of what i ride and you should probabky look for somthing with deep lugs fro the sand, something with alot of surface area then

hawkster0001 said:
oh, yeah you talkin bout the ones on moto, cuz i would believe the sand you ride in is very similiar to that of what i ride and you should probabky look for somthing with deep lugs fro the sand, something with alot of surface area then

22x11x9 Maxxis RAZR 2!

Tyler said:
hawkster0001 said:

22x11x9 Maxxis RAZR 2!
thanks for the info guys im gonna give these a try

Latest posts

Back