Timming chain replacement??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHANTOMLORD

Reaction score
Got some money for X-mas and want to replace my timming chain, so could those who have done this tell me what all ill need, i found a new yamaha cam chain on ebay and gess ill need some new gaskets what else and whats best and is there anything else i should replace while im in there??? Ps its an 1988 model and im going to get a new starter also if i have enough money left after the chain deal..

Chain
Flywheel puller
Stator housing gasket

Others:
Stator
Starter clutch

Cam chain is pretty straight forward.
Remove the inspection cap on your stator cover
Line up the "T" mark on the flywheel in that inspection hole.
Remove valve covers and check to see if you have a little play in your rocker arms.
The timing mark on the cam gear should be lined up with the timing mark on the head.
Remove the cam chain tensioner. Remove the center bolt and spring first, then the two mounting screws.
Proceed with pulling the rope starter, stator cover, and flywheel.
You can then see the chain in side the engine.
Remove the cam gear sprocket bolt and sprocket.
Put it all in reverse order.
Make sure the timing marks line up. And roll it over by hand to make sure valves don't hit the piston.
And double check the cam gear bolt. Make sure it's tight.
I'm sure I missed something but the job is pretty straight forward.

It says for banshee yfz350 and raptor yfz350,,,,, just bought it hope its wright and what does this do i see it advances the timming is that good or bad??

It says for banshee yfz350 and raptor yfz350,,,,, just bought it hope its wright and what does this do i see it advances the timming is that good or bad??
I posted a comment about it being for a Banshee but deleted it because I noticed in the description is supposedly fits others.

Holly crap guys there is so much of this stuff on ebay but im just not sure,, so i need the:
Starter and Clutch
Timing chain
Stator cover gasket
do i have to have a new stator?? and is there anything else inthere that goes bad that i should change will im in there,, think im just going to get the hole gasket set with stator gasket.and can yo gyus recomend any good sellers on ebay before i buy, i no somene recomended a starter off ebay with good warrenty..

actauly just trying to get it all figured out before i ebay abunch of ****,,,seems i need the stator gasket, starter, starter clutch, flywheel puller, but if i need anything else i want to no before i order abunch of stuff.. actauly gess i need to just tear it down and see if anything intheres damaged..

Latest posts

Back