timing?wtf?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aubryblaster97

Reaction score
well guys everytime i set my warrior in time,i start it. it doesnt run right, so i take the cam cover off and that lil cap and its reversed:argh: what is causing this? does it have to be lined up perfect?

That's how a 4 stroke works man, the cam rotates at half the speed of the crank. Due to chain stretch the cam sprocket mark Will Prolly not line up with the notch on the head, not perfect anyway. If you were 180* out of time it wouldn't run period.

That's how a 4 stroke works man, the cam rotates at half the speed of the crank. Due to chain stretch the cam sprocket mark Will Prolly not line up with the notch on the head, not perfect anyway. If you were 180* out of time it wouldn't run period.

Correction; a warrior will run if 180 out on cam gear due to the fact that it fires every revolution unlike a car that only fires on compression stroke.

Main thing is that at tdc the can is still in time,if not it will need a new timing chain. If its still in time running like crap, you have other problems.

Correction; a warrior will run if 180 out on cam gear due to the fact that it fires every revolution unlike a car that only fires on compression stroke.

Main thing is that at tdc the can is still in time,if not it will need a new timing chain. If its still in time running like crap, you have other problems.

Actually the warrior engine is a 4 cycle engine and does not deify the laws of physics.

You can be on TDC compression or overlap when the flywheel mark is lined up with the case.

Last edited:
Back