timing chain sprockets???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammirider

Reaction score
Do you guys usually replace your timing chain sprockets when you do the timing chain?

btw just got all my parts in from ebay, still waiting on the powroll ss valves and megacycle .415 cam from Cali (long way to quebec, CA)
the frame is all primed. I'll make a huge write up when I'm done. I'll take some video too. Just want to thank this site for some of the interesting ideas and mods you can do to this bike. I can't wait to finish this thing.

and can't wait to try it with this banshee shock. The only shock I've ever had on my warrior was a VERY blown stocker

well, it's just then I'm gonna have to buy a puller for the flywheel and do the one on the crank too

unless im mistaken, the one on the crankshaft can not be replaced unless the crankshaft is pressed apart and that half of the crankshaft is replaced entirely. have you actually found where you can buy just the sprocket on the crankshaft?

HAHAHA good point! I tried to find one. Tahnks for clearing that up... so I'm just going to get a new timing chain then.

I just replaced my chain. the tensioner keeps the sprockets from getting chewed up. If you threw an old cam chain then you'd might have to replace them.

no I just thought, while I'm in there you know? might as well replace?

Back