Timing chain life?? stretch??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelveoclockpimp

Reaction score
what the life of a timing chain...i have my adjuster maxed out and it still has quite a bit of slack....the guides are in place....it ticks like a time bomb if it runs......valves are adjusted well...its just the slop in the chain.......any solutions??

what do you mean you have your adjuster maxed out? it is a self adjusting mechanism... i assume you mean it is maxing itself out.... in which case i suppose a timing chain is a good idea.... id probably wait till your next oil change since it will need to be drained in the process... im not positive but i dont think you will have to take the top end apart if you have patience... but youll definitly be removing the flywheel.... I guess OEM is the way to go with this... i just bought mine for around $50

Id say Hell no to that OME Cam Chain.....DID in my book is the only way to go, well yeah that of OME but DID has built a great reputation for itself and for $35 on ebay yah cant argue with that.

deffently dont ride it. I thought i might be ok untill i got the money to buy a new chain, BIG mistake. mine jumped its timing, which broke a valve, fucked the whole top end( head, cyclender, piston) Its not worth the hassle, spend 50-60$ and get yourself a new timing chain.

TwelveOclockpimp said:
what the life of a timing chain...i have my adjuster maxed out and it still has quite a bit of slack....the guides are in place....it ticks like a time bomb if it runs......valves are adjusted well...its just the slop in the chain.......any solutions??

If the chain adjuster is all the way out then stop. Don't run the bike anymore!! Seriously. I would start by replacing the chain and go from there, you might have a guide out. The adjuster will usally run about 1/2 the way out I've found normal.
The cam chain is ready to break.

Latest posts

Back