time to restore

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
i recently bought a 1990 warrior, pretty much stock, and ridden hard and put away wet from the previous owner, but for 300 i can't complain. it has a starting issue like most warriors lol, i can get it started sometimes and then i cant shut it off :argh: and the rear carrier was broken.

so i have a new carrier, not installed yet, and i just ordered a stator and raptor 350 clutch mod parts, so i will be taking some pics and getting the work done when all comes in.

i am planning a trip to treverton pa in the next few weeks with my girl on her lt80, and my nephew on his warrior, we have a house 10 miles from the pit, so it's gonna be a great weekend :slayer:

i thought i had some pics, but i guess they are on my other memory card, i'll take some tonight and post them up tomorrow.

one question for you guys, the pickup coil resistance was out of spec, so i ordered an entire stator just to be safe, is it possible that the bad pickup coil would cause my problem turning the quad off? i tested the switches (key switch and handlebar switch) and they both are working as they should, and i probed the black and black with white wires and brown wires on the harness from front to back and there is no breaks, so if the switches are good, and harness is good, i would point towards the cdi being bad right?

nice im wanting to retore mine...got my new warrior 02 for 700$ all it has is electrical problems and they rolled it...nothing was broke during the roll so im saving up 500$ to paint it and stuff

The pick up coil can cause a no, or hard, start prob if it is out of spec. Yamahauler just went through this.

trhe battery terminals keep acting like there comming loose? it will shut off sometimes and the terminals are loose...you have to wiggle the battery to get it started and the coleinoide will make a buzzing and clicking noise sometimes when i try to start it

Won't shut off? Turn the key off and it still runs??????

How did you test your on/off switch. Tried it on the other warrior?

no it will shutoff! it keeps shutting off because and electrical problem and the fact that my colenoid is trashy

The pick up coil can cause a no, or hard, start prob if it is out of spec. Yamahauler just went through this.
Yeah Gen and it's back at it again turns over fast like no compression it has spark blueish orange but turns over to easy and won't fire like a valve is bent
my friend has been riding ity and I told him the valves needed to be adjusted but he kept riding and now I think he bent or burnt a valve kinda pissed and I don't think he's gonna pay to fix it either so

i can turn the kill swich off or turn the key off and the engine just keeps running. i tested the switches following the shop manual testing for open and closed circuits depending on switch position.

You could have a bad contact in the ignition switches plug. Mine did. Just take a pick and slighty bend the female contacts in the plug and put it back together. As for the kill switch, the side of the kill that is stationary could have come loose from it's mount, and there is too large a gap between the contacts for it to kill the engine. You'd have to take it apart to be certain.

You could have a bad contact in the ignition switches plug. Mine did. Just take a pick and slighty bend the female contacts in the plug and put it back together. As for the kill switch, the side of the kill that is stationary could have come loose from it's mount, and there is too large a gap between the contacts for it to kill the engine. You'd have to take it apart to be certain.
my kill switch wires broke and there to short to **** with and mt start button sticks so i buying one from yamahualer, easier, tired of ****** with it

my kill switch wires broke and there to short to **** with and mt start button sticks so i buying one from yamahualer, easier, tired of ****** with it

the wires inside my handlebar switch were a little messed up, but i resoldered them and its working perfectly, if i use a multi meter and test it, its closing and opening the circuit like it should, and the wires from the switch and all the way thru the harness are all good, i tested them too, i'm hoping its just the stator issue, but worst case i'll have to order a cdi if it still wont shut off

ok so i received my new stator yesterday, threw it in, now it starts perfectly every time, still does not shut off, and the only thing i can see that can be wrong is the cdi, so i am going to test a few more wires, and if its comes down to the cdi, i am just going to buy a tether kill switch, normally closed, and tap into the orange coil wire, when i pull the tether, it will effectively disconnect the coil, shutting the engine off, better then over 100 on a cdi :evilface:

kevinsranger...im sorta having ur problem so let me know what works...my bike wont turn on unless i...turn off...then turn back on my killswitch...then wiggle the battery u think its my cdi?

Back