Timberwolf 250

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor_350_racer

Reaction score
tonight im gonna be picking up a timberwolf 250, its in pretty great shape.
I had a 1992(??) model before that was completely ragged out, but I remember that thing would go anywere, never once got it stuck for it being a 2x4.
one question, I have a 2500lb warn winch we took off my stepdads grizzly, would I have to fab a bracket for it, I cant find winch brackets online anywere for this thing.
also what do you guys think I should pay?
guys asking $1200,i got him down to 1000, it also comes with a parts quad.

tonight im gonna be picking up a timberwolf 250, its in pretty great shape.
I had a 1992(??) model before that was completely ragged out, but I remember that thing would go anywere, never once got it stuck for it being a 2x4.
one question, I have a 2500lb warn winch we took off my stepdads grizzly, would I have to fab a bracket for it, I cant find winch brackets online anywere for this thing.
also what do you guys think I should pay?
guys asking $1200,i got him down to 1000, it also comes with a parts quad.

There's always room to go lower I'd start at 900 he prob say 1100 then u go for the kill with a grand lol. A 1000 is a good price as long as its in good shape a 100% functional. As for as wench you can prob make a mount to make it work. They are good machines I have a older one which is the moto4 love it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

There's always room to go lower I'd start at 900 he prob say 1100 then u go for the kill with a grand lol. A 1000 is a good price as long as its in good shape a 100% functional. As for as wench you can prob make a mount to make it work. They are good machines I have a older one which is the moto4 love it!

yea, im gonna throw out 800 and see if I can get 9, but ill pay the 1000!

Hell yea. Sorry didn't read it right the first time. Like u said you have him down to a G you can prob get it for a little less.

its cool!
one question, is the new(ER) bear tracker the same?
the quads only downfall is that the guy doesn't have racks for it, im gonna buy some but I can get them for a beartracker cheaper then I can get them for the timberwolf.

what year is it? I picked up my 04 Bear Tracker 250 for $200 all it needed to run was a carb cleaning and now I am in process of restoring it

Last edited:
what year is it? I picked up my 04 Bear Tracker 250 for $200 all it needed to run was a carb cleaning and now I am in process of restoring it
its a 98, but that's a steal!
im always scouring the inter web for steals and deals but never get anything as good as others!!

I had a 250 Timberwolf loved the quad, Hated the front struts and handlebars but the thing was a tank, Run around 45 to 50 andhad plenty of power for casual riding. I was 13 when I got it and rode it 2 years and bought a warrior.

I had a 250 Timberwolf loved the quad, Hated the front struts and handlebars but the thing was a tank, Run around 45 to 50 andhad plenty of power for casual riding. I was 13 when I got it and rode it 2 years and bought a warrior.

Lmao handle bars are gay thats y I junked mine.

LOL They stick up like bunny ears, I should have swapped them out but never did. I love your Timberwolf Jeff looks to be well maintained, I got a few old pics of mine I will post later tonight. Aint nothing special but why not.

LOL They stick up like bunny ears, I should have swapped them out but never did. I love your Timberwolf Jeff looks to be well maintained, I got a few old pics of mine I will post later tonight. Aint nothing special but why not.

Thanks I restored it last year I have a build thread somewhere on here Lol. Its not a timber wolf its a 87 moto4 just before the timber wolf

I believe the Timberwolf was produced till 99 and then the Bear Tracker took it's place nothing was changed though same quad just different name

I believe the Timberwolf was produced till 99 and then the Bear Tracker took it's place nothing was changed though same quad just different name

Yep same thing had a 2000 beartracker lol

well I bought it, couldn't get him down on the price and I paid a grand, kinda regret it.
got home and started looking everything over, it bogs on hard acceleration, and the headlights don't work(no bulbs).
im sure If I jetted it and got bulbs it would be perfect, but just kinda thinking maybe it wasn't worth the grand.
I did test drive it but didn't hammer it at his house since his yard was full of water I didn't wanna rip it up. made the rookie mistake not texting the lights, but its all good, im sure I can swap it if I want, or keep it. should make a pretty mint little huntin quad, VERY quite!

drop the needle clip down to the bottom notch on the needle (there's 3 notches)
was having the same problem with mine it was on the middle notch and as soon as I dropped the clip which raised the needle to richen it up now it runs great

Latest posts

Back