Ticking......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalk1818

Reaction score
Welll I rebuilt the scooter and i noticed a slight ticking sound when i frist started it up but i have heard that could be somewhat normal for the warrior motors. Well the other day when we were riding after a hour or so it go kinda weak and i mean in first when i was taking off it was like it was going to stall and the ticking kinda got louder.

Could this that i need to adjust my vavles

or with the stock bore wiseco piston i need to run a little stronger gas than 87?

If the ticking got louder you should definitely check the valves.

What kind of piston is it? stock compression, 10.25:1, or 12:1? Unless it's stock compression you should be running higher octane.

Piston Assembly - 83mm Bore
Dennis Kirk Part #: 44

Clear: 0.0020(0.051mm)

any idea on the compression?

I looked up the wiseco part number for that, and it's the same piston that I have, the 10.25:1 high compression. Start running 93 octane and it should start running a lot nicer for you.

Thanks man......I been kinda freaking out for a the last few days and I just happen to think abotu the piston.....I told the person on the phone I wanted stock compression but im not sure if they dont make one or if they just didnt carry or have one at the time.......but thanks again!

Back