Ticking noise?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle713

Reaction score
Ok so i just tore apart my warrior because it was leaking oil from the center of the case so i took it all apart and resealed it and put it all back together, i have a service manual so i did everything it said. When i started it after a little it fired up and when it started it was making a ticking noise. Now it sounds like somewhere from the bottom end but i really can't tell and was just wondering you guys could give me an options on where to look or what it could be?

oh and it won't shift gears, but it would shift through all 6 before i put the clutch on. i don't have a torque wrench so i couldn't torque it to the specific torque, so i just kind guessed. Could i have not tightened the springs tight enough?

Ok so i just took the clutch cover off and all the springs and screws came off. turns out that when i started it it snapped all the brackets or what ever there called that you screw into that you put the springs over. So i'm pretty sure that was the ticking noise i heard. do you guys know why it would do that? i have the service manual and put it back together the way it said.

Back