Ticking Engine, or Normal?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
So my warrior is ticking as you can hear in the video. It ticked from the day i got it, till now after the rebuild. It is not getting worse i dont think and the warrior runs strong should this concern me? everyone tells me to check the valves or whatever but i have no idea how to do that or the money for someone else to. Take a listen to the video and tell me what you think.

The video is with the camera right by the engine jug that is prolly why you hear it so overpowering over the exhaust i will make another video tomorrow. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DTRmMNSNEs

you should deffly worry about it. not maintaining is how **** gets broke. check your valves, its not hard. buy a manual. itll tell you how to do it. better off checking em before you drop a valve and destroy the head and piston. mite take you 2-3 hrs at max from start to finish.

do you know the specs for the intake and exhaust valves?

hard to tell just from listening to a video. best bet is to check your clearance. im not sure where my book is, as DEADLAST posted the is manual to download. never hurts to check and know rather than assume and break it.

haha nissan chill its a forum i wanted to get people opinions chill out with the comments broski.

haha its all good i know people hate idiots and newbs. thanks man

Did you guys buy the adjustment tool when you adjusted your valves? If so do you have a link I am interested in adjusting mine soon.

i dont think u need a special tool to adjust them . mine all u need is a 10 mm wrench and i think like a 1/8th wrench for the adjuster . of course a feeler guage . pretty sure intake is .o6mm - .1 MM but dont quote me and exhaust is .2 mm max i think . just did mine recently so going off memory

i dont think u need a special tool to adjust them . mine all u need is a 10 mm wrench and i think like a 1/8th wrench for the adjuster . of course a feeler guage . pretty sure intake is .o6mm - .1 MM but dont quote me and exhaust is .2 mm max i think . just did mine recently so going off memory

Cool ill prob do mine friday I got the specs written down somewhere.

Back