Throttle response delay

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Satan_420

Reaction score
When I hit the throttle all the way from the normal idol, there's a delay. So like I can press the thumb throttle and it litterally takes a second to rev up

If I hit the throttle wide open for a second nothing happins.lol.

the accelerator pump is prolly stuck or you need to do the valve stem cap mod to it so it hits faster and while your in there do the Bic pen spring mod too

I really wish I knew wat u were talkin about.lol. Are they cheap and easy to install??ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357846039.109533.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its friggen gravy to do man. Just pull the the carb, your gonna re jet anyway. Put a valve stem cap in the top of the accel pump rod and a clicker pen spring om the bottom of the rod. Makes a huge difference. I think deadlast put up some pics someplace

I tried finding it but maybe the sticky doesn't exist someone make it already!!

Did you try it under load? It gets so quick it bogs down from idle while setting still. Another thing I would suggest is getting the engine warm. Mines a little cold blooded.Sounds like what I went thru. See if Sparky will make one more torq. It might do you well. JMO

Found alot of info on that pump.lol Thanks again!

And I don't have my warrior with me, it's at the family property 200 miles away locked up in a shed.lol. So I only mess with it bout every other weekend.

Back