Throttle cable

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreep

Reaction score
So I finally got my carb rebuilt and I went to put it in yesterday morning and it turns out my throttle cable was too short. The more I look at this quad (just got it a month ago) and piece things together, I think he rolled it. The handlebars Are blue so I can tell they aren't stock and the cable was about 3/4" shorter than the new factory oem one. I'm not sure if its the way I've routed the throttle or the size or adjustment of the bars but my throttle still seems too short. Not sure what to do. With the new cable and routing it to the left through the factory loops on the frame I can get the assembly to rest on the idle screw but that's with the cable adjusted all the way in and the idle screw almost as tight as it goes. Do I need new handlebars or do they need to be adjusted? Does it matter? Thanks

No but they're definitely not factory. There's plenty of slack in the cable. The wire just seems about a quarter to half inch short.

Got a different question about the throttle cable: My 2000 Warrior revs high in neutral ALL OF A SUDDEN, and seems to be in "automatic" in first gear. I'm thinking the throttle cable is shot? Yes, I did pull the cover off to look and yes it does have the casing split. Obviously this might be the issue, but is there anything else I should be looking at that would cause this thing to act like that?

Mine turned out to be the actual throttle perch adjusted wrong but prob not what you have going on. On a side note though my quad did exactly what you're describing when I first got it. I pulled the carb and found about a quarter inch of gelled up gas in the bowl and the accelerator pump was sticking down. I replaced the spring with the bic pen spring and cleaned the pump so it would slide smoothly. The pump only moves like an eighth of an inch so if that spring doesn't push it back very well it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back