Throttle Cable Assembly ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBoy

Reaction score
I have one of darn Warriors with the 3-cable setup for the carb and it's killin me. I had the thumb throttle assembly sieze on me at the handlebars earlier this year and so I replaced it with a Motion Pro twist throttle (just for kicks and it was cheap). The cable it came with seems to have too much cable hangin out the end of it when i try to hook up the splitter. I can twist the handle all the way to what should be WOT but all it does is pick up the slack. Since then I rigged it to work and I'm gettin annoyed by how stiff it is. So i'm back to using a stock thumb throttle assembly that came off of an identical warrior and wouldn't ya know it if I have the same problem! Tryin to get it goin for this weekend. If anybody knows what's goin on with this darn thing I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

-Tom

you need a cable for your twist throttle that is for the correct year of your carb. If I'm not mistaken, they ran the duel cable setup form 89 - 92(93?) I'll have to look in my book.

hmm... i'm just perplexed that a stock cable from the same split cable setup still has the same problem. maybe i'll go to Roush and see what they say about it even though they'll charge me an arm n a leg for a new cable =/. I'll be at Rumble on the Ridge this weekend. when/where are you gonna be at?

Latest posts

Back