this is very strange?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98-warrior

Reaction score
okay so last week i got to 6 hours and blew a head gasket.
so i tore it down and took the valves out to do some more portin and polishin in it and my valve seal was ate at one side on exhaust like it was bent. it was really bent and there was a little ring under carbon on my old piston. so i got it staightend back up. then i re adjusted valves and timed it right on. went to go riding today and it just backfires and carb pops when u let off took plug out and it was lean. i was running a 152.5 main so i got a 155 and same thing? would readjusting the valves that much and some portin and polishin make it that lean that fast. it was perfect before i blew the gasket. also i sprayed carb cleaner all around my boot wen runnin and it never reved a single rpm higher?? i dont think i took that much off in the ports but maybee i did im sure i have needle in last clip but ill double check and how much higher jet should i go? 160?

Sounds like the seal was bent...? Dunno...hard as hell to read that :0
If the valve is/was bent, the seat probably needs reground and lapped along with a new valve too.

Last edited:
it was bent a lil bit at the rod and a couple hard taps and it was straight i reground them both and the sealed great my jetting is just fucked up now

Back