There is a TRAITOR among you...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barncat

Reaction score
It's me, true story!

I have taken the bait, and just bought a DVX400. I couldn't resist. It was owned by a little old lady down the road. (Seriously, it was a 50 year old guy, wife was making him sell it) The thing is fairly Spotless, and lightly modded(intake, jet, pipe, YFZ reservoir shocks). Got it for a decent price as well. I know it's a Kawa/zuki/cat but I like the removable fenders, and the looks. Also came with brand new Dune Tires and wheels, service manual, flags, and a few other goodies.
The seat sucks, I saw it best described as "sitting on a hatchet", other than that, seems allright.

The Warrior is still with me as well. I'm either going to give it to a close personal friends son,(who wants to ride, but can't afford much) or keep it around(no room though). I plan on buying another for my wife I do decide to sell it. I am not abandoning the Warrior, it was just one of those deals that was too good to be true.

lame i think stock z's suck, my friend has an 07 and he kept trying to switch quads last time out riding. i do like mx'ed out ones though, they need some height taken out of them

I want to, but she's not comfy with shifting. I'm like an Uncle to this kid, and if it gets him riding with us, I'll gladly do it.

it takes a big heart to give something like that away.

Well, I went ahead and hooked the kid up with my Warrior. It wasn't gone 5 minutes, and I missed it already. So much so, that I'm on the hunt for a newer one, or a Raptor 350, for my wife. I think If I can find her an unmolested one, she'd like it as much as my Prairie.

I'm still hanging out with y'all though. I'm man enough to admit the DVX has some shortcomings, especially in hill climbs, and low end grunt. This is why I have always like the Warrior, they just do so well in the woods.

I've got a '04 KFX400... i love it! cousin has 2 z400's one with major engine work, k&n , full yoshi pipe. other is all stock except a full yoshi pipe.... by far the BEST money spent on the 400's is the full yoshi and a k&n! wakes em up on bottom end! tote the front tires 1st through 3rd :)

I'm still planning on trying to come on the MW ride. As long as I don't have to work.

The DVX has a few mods already. I'm pretty sure I got such a good deal, because the P.O.(also a Warrior rider) did not re-jet the quad, and it was running like ****.

When I finally had a chance to "ride" it, it was falling on it's face. He had put a K&N on, and HMF exahust, but never re-jetted it.

When I got the carb open, it still had the OEM 130 Jet. I dropped in a 150 m.j. and this beast has really come to life. With the HMF Q.R.S. exhaust, you run the factory header. HMF concluded that there was not enough of an HP gain, to warrant changing the pipe.

There was a bit of a learning curve with it, as the bike will oversteer in the woods(you have to slide it around), the Warrior can turn tighter at lower speeds.

So far it's been a blast. Front wheels come up in damn near every gear. Still not a fan of the liquid cooling, or the sealed bearing suspension, but it is what it is. I'm ready to make a run back to Wynoka.

Back