The Stator??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad04warrior

Reaction score
Well...It could possibly be the battery but it is fairly new. My warrior wont start. When I hit the button to start it it just makes a weird type of buzzing noise I have higher wattage lights(the piaa's) and some aftermarket led's...could those be draining my battery. I was in the trails and shut it off to take a break and wouldnt start back up. Im guessing I beed a more powerful stator because of the extra lights. The headlights arent on the bike anymore but the neutral light dims in and out as well as the brake light when the key is on. So that right there would tell me the battery is dieing but it is new. Its not getting charged right?

Well once the battery cells drop below a certain voltage it is damaged forever. It is possible that the power you are drawing over exceeds the capacity of the stator to charge the battery and provide the current you need. The same thing happens with cars and stereo systems that done have a high output alternator; if you are drawing and using all the power from the alternator the battery gets drained and eventually over time dies. The LEDs definitely no they draw barely nothing; however it is possible the PIAAs are do you know how many amps they are drawing? The battery could not be charging cause you are using all the current, the stator, bad battery/loose connections, or a broken wire some place in the back not allowing it to be charged.

First I would check all wires and make my connections tight. Then I would get yourself a cheap Digital MultiMeter from Wal-Mart and measure the voltage of the battery before the quad is on (should be between 12.2 - 13.2 when fully charged) then start it rev it to about 3-4,000 RPMs and measure the voltage again. If the voltage has risen higher (normal running voltage is 13.5 - 14.4 with a good battery may be dif but still should be higher when running) then the stator is working; normally you test them under load but usually this simple test indicates a problem with an alternator/stator. The multimeter is under 20$ in the electric part of the auto section just buy it use it and return it if you don’t want it after :)!

Back