The Quest....06+ High Performance CDI Box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasinger12

Reaction score
Well the Search continues!!! The quest for a High performance CDI box is still in play. Just wanted to know if anyone else has started cross referencing parts with other models to come up with something??? They make one for the Rhino 450 (06 model) which was the last one I was looking at. It seems with that model the only different is the Rhino has 4 Valves. Not sure if it would work or not!!??? I think if I was to do something it would end up being a crap shoot. Still need to look into the Kodiak 450, Grizzly 450 and see if I can?t come up with something!!! How hard is it to make an after market CDI box for our models when they have them for other bike with almost the same motor in them....(more so bit*hing out loud).....

Ive also been comparing Front diffs. with other bikes to see if a Detroit Gearless locker could be in my future mods list. It seems the 2003 Kodiak's front diff is the same as the Wolverine 450 (other than the re-fill hole for the diff. fluid). Now, its just a matter of putting up my money and seeing if this will work.

On a side note?.Yamaha is funny?if you cross reference parts with other models (here and there) you can come up with the same exact part other than they charge more for one and not the other. Might want to keep that in mind for future parts runs at your local dealer. Doing some research can save you money!!!!

Wasinger, I am able to order the DGL for my customers, but I can't beat some of the prices (as in I can't buy it for what they sell it for) of some of the other on-line places. Do a search and you'll come out with a decent price.

95Wolverine said:
Wasinger, I am able to order the DGL for my customers, but I can't beat some of the prices (as in I can't buy it for what they sell it for) of some of the other on-line places. Do a search and you'll come out with a decent price.

Yeah...I hear ya!!! The cheapest DGL Ive found will run me $300.00.........

Here whats listed for the 2006 Rhino 450 High Rev. CDI Box.......................................

This will add up to 1000 more RPM's compare to the stock unit and 5 ? advance trough the entire rpm curve. This will result in faster acceleration from zero to top speed The extensive dyno and track testing shows this CDI unit offer much faster ignitions.!*

Now the only thing Im wondering is if its to much of a timing advance for are bikes???? 5 ? advance would put the power up higher in the power band(top end). Another thing about the two (aleast what Ive been reading) is the 450 Rhino has a hell of alot more torque (maybe due to it being 4 valve)................................I still need to read alot and compare the connectors for each CDI box to see if it would even plug up to it!!!!

ok, i got some intresting news yesterday, a guy i know owns a yamaha dealership and is into racing pretty big, he said that someone out there makes a cdi box for the 06+ wolvy, he said he seen a factory sponsered wolvy with one on it and said it would scream, he said it sounded like a snowmobile..........he said he wasnt sure who made the box or if and when it would be avalible, but if you ask me if someone already did the homework to make a box, i would assume that they would make it avalibel to the public to make some $$$$$$ so there is hope for this quest still yet!!!!!!

Well keep us posted, I talked to BMP yesterday and they told me to check back in a couple of months and maybe they would have something or atleast an idea of when it would be made.

i will keep yall posted....he also told me that the yamaha power kit works wonders---air box, filter, pipe (head pipe also), and jet kit........he told me that the biggest mistake on the wolvy is to do a slip on, he said the head pipe is the biggest improvement in the exhaust setup.....

Yamaha did not even offer a head pipe or an improved air box that I know of Ill check the price of one in about 15 min If they do have one available

they arent on there web site, if you cant find them let me know and ill contact jimmy and see what he was talking about, it could be a yamaha power package from an aftermarket dealer.....let me know!!

Well I called up Yamaha and they did not offer either an airbox or a head pipe for the wolvy 450.

Talk to Jimmy when you get a chance and see what he finds out.

he said the head pipe he mentioned was on the same factory sponsered bike that the cdi box was on, none avalible as of yet, the power kit was from quad works, avalible thru tucker rocky.....i cant find anything on there sites about it so if yall are intrested and cant find it, call corgills yamaha in poteau oklahoma and talk to the parts dept. 1(918)647-2662

we have a place about 4 miles from my home called custom craft headers, i may give them a visit and find about about a better head pipe........ :?: :idea:

What ever you guys figure out, count me in!

I have a K&N filter and a GYT pipe now. I also have a power hits spark enhancer and a larger pilot jet and a dial a jet kit. I also pulled the head pipe off and ground down the restricting weld around the mounting flange. It seems the GYT pipe I bought used must have came to me minus a heat shield that went between the pipe and the airbox because I see the outer side of the airbox is starting to warp a bit.

I removed my clutch kit for now because it felt like a car stuck in 3rd gear to me.

If the kit makes the Wolvy sound like a snowmobile then I really would like it. I just came in from garage from working on my Yamaha RX-1 mountain snowmobile. Snowmobiling is my first love. ATVs the latest.

Frostbite

I did not have a heat shield to go on my pipe after adding the GYTR pipe either but I dont think mine is melting the plastic of the airbox yet.

any news yet on a cdi box......bikemanperformance.com said check at end of summer, if we all would hit one manufacture we may be able to get someone on it........and what about stuff for the kodiak 450, isnt it the same motor??

I have also hit up dynatek and they said at the moment no but if they get enough calls on them then they will manufacture one for it.

Latest posts

Back