the purchse of new tires and wheels.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleman31

Reaction score
Im looking at buying new tires and wheels but dont know what would suit my wolverine the best? i do alot of drivin on back logging roads going at nice rate of speed and then also alot of mud driving... if anyone could help me it would be greatly apreciated. im only young so price is definitly a big issue

ITP Mudlights

I have an '01 and I have Mudlight XL's 25'. I've been riding in the snow and on hard frozen ground this winter and it handle good at higher speeds. I can slide the rear around corners. I haven't gotten to play in the mud yet but everyone says they are great for the trail and mud.

Shawn

lilman keep in mind with the 06+ wolvy if you go to 25's with out exhaust, clutch kit, jet kit, k&n air filter.....you drasticly loose power.....and the ability to have fun......i took my 25s off and went back to stock tires untill i can get the performance mods done......i couldnt even get the bike to slide the corners......also if you like the flat track style tires.....not avalible in any size over a 23......hope this helps.....

fireman69 said:
lilman keep in mind with the 06+ wolvy if you go to 25's with out exhaust, clutch kit, jet kit, k&n air filter.....you drasticly loose power.....and the ability to have fun......i took my 25s off and went back to stock tires untill i can get the performance mods done......i couldnt even get the bike to slide the corners......also if you like the flat track style tires.....not avalible in any size over a 23......hope this helps.....

i agree to a point..... i had my 25 itp's on befor i did all my performance upgrades and i was able to slide just fine....agreed the pipe.jet kit did help tons but still a fun bike.....next i will do the clutch kit....what i would keep inmind for tires is stick with a light tire...... some of the tires out there are heavy and that kills the bike's power a ton.... that is my two cents anyways. :evil:

I've had a set of 489's on my machine for a year and a half; they're great tires. I stick with stock 23" tires.

I have some dunlop mud runners 25's on my big bear that I thought about swapping to my 06 wolverine but they are not the flat sport style tire like the stock maxxis and are very heavy, my wolverine is stock. Is there a more aggressive tire than stock but not balloon style, maybe a little more flat?

Back