The old warrior lives again!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
That right just got her running again tonight

Now to recap. It blew up on me in july but didnt know why. i bought the 450 because i was ticked. took it apart and the lower connecting rod bearing was complety gone. luckly my completely built head was ok but will have to take it apart to just look things over. anyways, We had the stock engine from my brothers 1995 warrior laying around (has been sitting for roughly 5 years) that needed some work and just looked at. actually took the whole bottom end apart at college and found out all this engine needed was bored out and a new piston. i had to steal some small piece from my egine but got it bored out and stuck in a piston and gasket kit and put it together...

well today got it put in and actually put on the stock carb and now the edelbock is just chilling out in storage. this engine is completely stock and i even took my oil cooler off and am not going to run it with this engine. so pretty much engine wise, its all stock with only an intake and exhaust for engine performance.

I pulled the choke out and it fired to life instantly! hardly made even one revolution and it fired right up. rode it around and need to get some main jets for the carb but its ridable the way it is.

I plan on fixing my orginal engine someday (when im done with college) since the head is built and is fine and i mostly just need a crankshaft and piston for it and a ton of small odd parts to make it running again and someday it will be put back in.

it is mostly going to be my woods machine. i rode the 450 and warrior back to back and man what a difference! i can definatly tell the 450 has twice the horsepower but thats ok. the warrior felt heavy but its actually a lot more comfortable to ride. i told ya i wasnt going to give up on the old warrior, but for now just has stock engine it her. well i better end this, thats a lot of reading lol

kick ass 91! Why not put your head and case cover on your brothers bottom end?

yea it was great to have the old girl back again. every time i looked at it broken and tore apart i couldnt stand it and just wanted to fix it. I almost put my head and cover on but then i was just thinking that someday the whole thing is going to come apart and im just going rebuild and restore it like i have wanted to for years. so im saving that head for my next engine build.

well dave would that crank happen to be a stroker crank? im really kicking around the idea of putting in a stroker kit in the original engine since it needs a crankshaft anyways...but thats a very good price regardless if its a stock crank, but dang it i need to save my money for a new vehicle next year. these quads are so addicting to throwing money at.

well dave would that crank happen to be a stroker crank? im really kicking around the idea of putting in a stroker kit in the original engine since it needs a crankshaft anyways...but thats a very good price regardless if its a stock crank, but dang it i need to save my money for a new vehicle next year. these quads are so addicting to throwing money at.

Yes it is a stock stroke.

i would really like to pick that up dave, but honestly im going to have to hold off for now. but if he so happens to have it in maybe a year, i would take it.

Latest posts

Back