The new-to-me tow rig!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfurches

Reaction score
Well now that my warrior is just about done, i really needed to pick up a truck. My brother recently decided he has too many projects, so I bought his 1987 S15 Sonoma 4x4 project (same age as me lol).

The truck certainly needs some work, but it runs and drives and the frame is solid! Its a 2.8 6cyl 4x4 with a 4spd stick. Real base model truck, no AC, manual locks and windows....perfect for what I need.

It came with a new bed that I have to pick up monday (tail lamps and outer latch have been shaved). So now I am going to have to track down a street scene roll pan.

Front cab floor needs to be replaced, and I have to do a rocker. I am going to try aqnd get all the body work done this week and next and then ready for paint!

IMG-20110514-00879.jpg

IMG-20110514-00880.jpg

IMG-20110514-00882.jpg

IMG-20110514-00884.jpg

Got a good start today. Bed is off, and I started stripping the frame. I will post some pics as I go. It should be a really nice little trail truck when its done!

those are good little trucks. had the same one for my first car. plus they are in every junk yard so parts are very easy to find. perfect for haulin a quad around. nice buy

The v8 swap is easy in those trucks I had one a 85. And ya what Elwood said you can but the swap mounts or make them your self

I'm gunna do all the body work and get the paint done. I'm painting the truck firemist orange. If all goes well I may swap an ls based engine over the winter...I still have a built 355 on the stand...but would hate to waste it on a 4wd with tiny diffs.

F that put some dana 60's under it and get that motor and a 700r4 backed by an atlas 2 transfer case in there then you'll have a truck

s15 kick a$$ when done right

F that put some dana 60's under it and get that motor and a 700r4 backed by an atlas 2 transfer case in there then you'll have a truck

s15 kick a$$ when done right

Good plan except for the 700r4. Who needs overdrive? Get yourself a th350 or th400 and go to town!!! :evilface:

Latest posts

Back