the fricken buzz

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
Loaded up and wnt out riding today. We unload and I hit the start button and it cranks slow and then buzz. I saw my fuse wire had a bare spot so I replaced it, didn't help. I jumped the solinod it cranked SLOW then nothing. I checked the battery, water was a little low in 2 of the resivors so I filled them with distilled water then hooked it to my slow charger, charger read battery was full. I also cleaned my battery terminals and cables. I am thinking maybe my battery charger might be garbage. I'm going to try to jump start it in the morning and see if that works, if not I'll pull the starter and bench test it. Besides tracing all the wires and looking for a bad spot any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

Has never done it before, also it will bump start no problem and run well. And one time it cranked over fine then bamm back to the buzz

Sounds like a bad battery to me. The slow turn and then the buzz (solenoid).

Ya but it did it then it didn't then it did sounds like a starter clutch taking its last breth that's wat my 2 warrior and raptor did all in the same week

you'd still get a fast spin if the battery was good and it was just the clutch in the gear that goes out.

well when I jump start it in the morning I'll know if it's the battery. My charger reads full but I think I might have dropped it one to many times lol

ok I couldn't wait until morning. I want out and hooked jump cables up to the jeep and she cranked good and fired right up, took the cables off and hit the start button just a buzz. Hooked it back up to the cables fired up so it looks like time for a new battery. But this one is only like 8 months old. I'm thinking maybe this time I should get a maintance free one, what you guys think?

Try cleaning the terminals on the selonoid also. It may not be getting the greatest connection, but when you hook up the jeep your sending just a bit more power threw and its turning faster.

If you get a new batt go to apex battery and enter the number/letters on the battery and get a glass matt matanence free and it should only be like 60 or less and shiping is free

A glass mat is a lead acid battery that hass a fiber glass matte that keeps the acid from slaushing and its just a better setup altogether

get a jell battery thats what i have in my jet skis and sled and they work real good. there a little bit more $ but well worth it

A glass mat is a lead acid battery that hass a fiber glass matte that keeps the acid from slaushing and its just a better setup altogether
I'm sure it is. but cost is to high for me right now. I have a $500 shop bill soon on the car. It blew the rear main seal and ruined the 1 1/2 yr old clutch. Thank god I know him and get to make payments

Try cleaning the terminals on the selonoid also. It may not be getting the greatest connection, but when you hook up the jeep your sending just a bit more power threw and its turning faster.
I took out the soliond cleaned the hell out of it, even took a file and cleaned all the nuts washers and ring conectors. Still the same so I'll but a battery.

Back