The end of Wolverines?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Wolverine

Reaction score
My local dealer told me Yamaha stopped making the Wolverine and after a little looking on the Internet I can't find any 2011 models. Is this true?

I'm not surprised, as companies are making a lot of wild decisions to stay viable in the current, changing economy. I do question Yamaha's decision on the Wolvy though. I can't think of another comparable sport/utility combo right off hand. It seems like a better decision that would positively affect more consumers would be to cut out a redundant utility quad and give the Wolvy EFI, disc brakes, etc. and capture more than one buying group at the same time.

This issue is world-wide and encompasses all products. I agree that it's a real shame. We can hope as buying groups and their buying trends settle down and form that Yamaha sees that a new Wolvy has a place. At my house, we're so glad we found out about the Wolverine. I actually enjoy riding our 350 more than my 700XX. I was really excited about new Wolverines coming in the future.

Its a sad day in wolvy land I am just glad that I have a wolvy and will be looking to keeping mine for a long time

my gf has a 95 wolvy and she will NEVER get rid of it lol she abs loves it and so do i :)

It looks as though they have the 450 power plant in the updated grizzly 450 wow looks like all the wishes came true.

Does it have fuel inj.
YUP Yamaha is only running 3 lines now. Raptors,Grizzlies and yfzs.Surprised they didnt cancell the YFZ and make a 450 or 500 raptor special edition

I actually saw a raptor 700 at my local dealer. I can't even phathom the balls of that. I mean it's fuel injected, it had an aluminum frame... I'm not sure if it was a 2 cylender or not, although, it did have 2 exaust pipes coming out of the engine so I'm not sure. But it looked like some serious power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw a raptor 700 at my local dealer. I can't even phathom the balls of that. I mean it's fuel injected, it had an aluminum frame... I'm not sure if it was a 2 cylender or not, although, it did have 2 exaust pipes coming out of the engine so I'm not sure. But it looked like some serious power.

A very good friend of mine has a 700 raptor special edition I was afraid of it and let him have it back. Not to mention I rode in 1_2 gear back and forth the power was unbelieveable. I bought a honda 400ex and it jsut about scares me too.

As for the wolvy yes they made the 45o 4x4 and stopped the 350 for 2010 and they are not in the 2011 line up. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modeloverview/cat/2011/57/model_overview.aspx

A very good friend of mine has a 700 raptor special edition I was afraid of it and let him have it back. Not to mention I rode in 1_2 gear back and forth the power was unbelieveable. I bought a honda 400ex and it jsut about scares me too.

As for the wolvy yes they made the 45o 4x4 and stopped the 350 for 2010 and they are not in the 2011 line up. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modeloverview/cat/2011/57/model_overview.aspx

WOW. that's ******' crazy! sometimes holding on for dear life isn't always as fun hahaha

I just bought a brand new out of the crate 07 450 wolvy and the dealer was saying that he has heard rumor that they were discontinued temproarily and were supposedly comming back in late 2012-13

We shall see. Yamaha has made some changes to production.

I can't believe they actually created another Raptor a 125, what a joke, is a little 250 not entry level enough? I love my 07 350 Wolverine, its actually the second 07 350 I have owned, gonna keep this one though, I just missed out on a deal, someone had an 07 450 4x4 on a local site for 1900 bucks.

Back