thanks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could go up to a wolverine 450 for a little more power and a better ride than the older 350.

But if you are good with a 350. Get some elka shocks to smooth out the ride pretty well. A detroit gearless locker to help lock up those front wheels. A warn 424 so you can unlock the front driveshaft for ease of turning and it puts you into 2x4 so you can slide the rear end around if you want to. As far as tires I have seen 25's on one but you could probably go to a 26. The biggest concern i would have with going to taller tires is that you lose power from the motor trying to turn the heavier tires.

Hi Mike,
Sorry to here of the roll over. I run a first generation Wolvy & If had to do over again would probably up to a second generation & spread the payments out longer. Parts for older units, in time will be faised out (example: EPI clutch springs). Ctate has good advise.
1) Detroite gearless would be great & pricy. Try dragging your front brake when in these situations.
2) All straight axle quads ride a little rougher & lousy ground clearance. Thats why you liked that big independent Sportsman. I dropped my teeth when I checked pricing on the Elka's & Works Performance.
3) 25 inch is the standard with the guys. I will up my 23 inchers once they wear out. Gets a little more ground clearance wich will help.
You can dump a ton of cash into a "used" unit. Thats why I suggested a new one thats auto, floorboards 2x4/4x4 selectable. Either way, glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Back