thanks to the forum

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiimbo

Reaction score
thanks to all the tutorials, reviews, specs, and all the info you guys have posted. it helped me rebuild my 98 warrior.

$300 rust bucket
img121.jpg

and now the rebuild
IMGP3936.jpg

IMGP3953.jpg

IMGP3954.jpg

IMGP3947.jpg

fresh paint on the frame
IMGP3955.jpg

hot rods stroker crank
IMGP3961.jpg

PNP job from Al Baker's XR's only
IMGP3964.jpg

IMGP3970.jpg

IMGP3971.jpg

the cam i broke
IMGP3993-1.jpg

had to file to get even the hotcams stg 2 to fit
IMGP4024-1.jpg

paint on the engine
IMGP4036.jpg

rolling chassis
IMGP4039.jpg

IMGP4044.jpg

IMGP4045.jpg

back together (minus hood)
IMGP4047.jpg

IMGP4049.jpg

after the first ride
IMGP4054.jpg

thats badass dude...verry cool...much props! I like where you put the oil cooler...little different...

p.s. i like your helmet! :cool:

Great job Tiimbo...How long did it take to complete? And What color did you use on the frame.

That New HMF exhaust and power bomb header looks good. I gotta get one of those.

after all of the parts got in about 2-3 weeks, had some delays with the header, took 2 weeks to get that sorted out, then the cam issue put it back 2 weeks, so in all about 2 months, got it and started in august, finished end of September. i'll be taking it to the local drag strip to see what it will run in 1/8 mile prob this weekend if they are still open, pay em 10 bucks and they will let you drive anything out there. ran a go kart once....for the frame i just used the dark grey metallic paint from walmart. i know it'll flake off easy when rocks hit it like on the a-arms, but touch up will be easy, and i havent noticed any chips yet. plus it was cheap and this thing had to have some paint, rust was everywhere.

Yamahaquad350 said:
thats badass dude...verry cool...much props! I like where you put the oil cooler...little different...

thanks, the cooler fit right behind the bumper grille, only the pipes are exposed and they were fairly hard, and for 30 bucks if it breaks, not a big loss, just get another. helmet's on ebay for 99 including shipping!

Looks great but good luck with that paint on the plastics, that never holds up unless you're extremely careful.

tiimbo said:
Yamahaquad350 said:

thanks, the cooler fit right behind the bumper grille, only the pipes are exposed and they were fairly hard, and for 30 bucks if it breaks, not a big loss, just get another.

One thing you gotta also consider here though... if it breaks you could be out of a lot more than $30... how much does an engine cost again? I'd at least get some larger diameter hose that your oil line can fit inside, and use that larger hose as a protective sheath anywhere the lines are exposed to damage from sticks, rocks, etc.

I had an oil line get punctured down at the oil filter cap, and had almost ran it completely out of oil before i ran across my driveway and saw a very obvious stream of oil spray going exactly where i rode 5 minutes earlier... so for at least 5 minutes i was losing oil at a pretty good rate, and only by luck did i find it in time. Coulda been bad. Warriors are tough, but i don't think any machine will fare well without oil for an extended period of time. ::) I replaced the lines, and this time i did what i described above. I bought some heater hose at the auto parts store that was just big enough to slip over the regular oil line, and put about a foot of that on the ends of the lines where they were vulnerable. This makes the lines much more resistant to punctures, pinching, and kinking. Its also a good trick to keep your lines from kinking up if you have any sharp bends in your routing.

YamaRider said:
Looks great but good luck with that paint on the plastics, that never holds up unless you're extremely careful.

yea the paint on the plastics was temporary till i can afford to buy some more. thanks for the advice on the oil cooler

deadlastracing said:
? What u use on the engine.......just some high heat black paint?

yea, spent the extra $4 on the 1500 deg paint, suppose to be oil/fuel resistant. power bomb is good, hard to really tell if it made a difference though for me, cause i went from a wore out all stocker to what you see in the pics. i had originally orded the SS header, but the lady couldnt get it, said they discontinued them, and she sent me the power bomb for no extra charge, because i had opened a case with paypal cause they wouldnt ever answer the phone or emails. so i guess if you go to buy a new one unless they got the reg SS header in stock you'll have to get the power bomb. personally i think it's not going to ad much, and if it's got that mesh down in the "bomb" part i'm wondering if it eventually comes loose...

Griff said:
Nice work Dude :D

Feels good, doesnt it?

sure does. i love this thing too. i think my friend got jealous cause i was doing pretty good (not beating him, but keeping up) against his stock ltr450 on the trails, then he went out and got a cherry bomb and k&n setup.....!! :(

Latest posts

Back